Pedro Grifol, Charlie Montoyo, Eddie Rodriguez, & Mike Tosar Fired (Grady Sizemore interim manager)

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I know we joke about guys never working again after managing the White Sox, but I hope this dude saves his money, because I can't imagine who could look at the nuclear destruction of a back to back playoff team that happened under his watch, and thinking that is who I want leading my 2 billion dolllar operation.

Exactly.  Just take a look at the recent front office departures and basically any manager since Ozzie.  The Sox were their last stop in the MLB.

29 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

If they would have canned him at the all star break (which was the obvious solution) they dont get to a 21 game losing streak, nor are they definitely going to break the all time worst record. Getz sucks so so badly

Does it really matter though? Lose 120, 110, 100, doesn't really matter when 2025 rolls around. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I’m shocked they actually did it.  If they waited this long, why not wait until the end of the season?  Nothing this team does makes any sense.

Of course you find a way to complain about this move! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Of course you find a way to complain about this move! 

Let’s be honest.  This doesn’t move the needle much either way.  The team still sucks, as do Reinsdorf and Getz.  Do you think the team is now suddenly going to be good because Grifol is gone?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, FrontierDayz said:

SrVP/GM Getz should be next asap…Charles Barkley as interim..why not he’s looking for work until season’s end…he’ll be good for laughs..

I'll never spend another dime on the Sox until a whole changeover happens, that includes Getz and Reinsdorf

• Thanks 1

I imagine Montoyo will be the interim.  Hopefully they do an actual search for a new manager.  We've heard about Schumaker but not really anyone else.  There are some good candidates out there, but I just have a bad feeling they already have their guy all but hired and it'll be disappointing.