Pedro Grifol, Charlie Montoyo, Eddie Rodriguez, & Mike Tosar Fired (Grady Sizemore interim manager)

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Let’s all listen to Getz describe his ideal manager, just like Hahn once did, and then watch Reinsdorf overthrow his decision and pick his own guy.  That was fun.

I doubt Getz even wastes time pretending it is his choice.

3 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

fucking insane that they're letting Getz pick the hire 

whoever they hire, they'll be fired in 2 years 

They aren't letting Getz pick.  Jerry and Tony are picking for him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Probably the biggest relief of his entire life.  Middle of the summer, got your money and you can now go on vacation lol

Pedro would find a way to mismanage booking the vacation. 

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It is almost certainly going to be Montoyo or Schumaker.

Interim? I'm talking next full-time manager. Honestly, I have been paying so little attention the last two years I have no idea who Montoyo or Schumaker are.

1 minute ago, Marqhead said:

Interim? I'm talking next full-time manager. Honestly, I have been paying so little attention the last two years I have no idea who Montoyo or Schumaker are.

schumaker isn't gonna be the interim mgr, he's already got a job dude

1 minute ago, Marqhead said:

Charlie Montoyo is our current bench coach who will probably be interim.  Shumaker is Skip Schumaker, currently managing the Marlins but a lame duck right now who seems to be on the outs in MIA.  He has a connection back to TLR and has already been mentioned as a leader for the full time job.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Charlie Montoyo is our current bench coach who will probably be interim.  Shumaker is Skip Schumaker, currently managing the Marlins but a lame duck right now who seems to be on the outs in MIA.  He has a connection back to TLR and has already been mentioned as a leader for the full time job.

Thanks, I'm now up to speed and can back to ignoring everything.

JR dead yet?

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

38 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Probably the biggest relief of his entire life.  Middle of the summer, got your money and you can now go on vacation lol

Honestly, he should save that money. The man is only 54 years old and most likely will need to get another job and I have no idea how that job is going to be in baseball.

• Like 1

Now the focus and pressure is on Getz. There are some talented and available ex-managers out there--Mattingly, Maddon or even Roberts from the Dodgers (if they don't win the Series). How about giving Ozzie another shot or see what A.J. has? But if Getz and Reinsdorf are adamant about going with another bench coach, make sure he comes from a winning organization! Let's see what happens.  Let's turn this baby around, folks!

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

If Pedro ever gets on an MLB coaching staff again, he'll probably be at least 4 or 5 ejections away from the line up card.

would love to see him crawling his ass back to KC, hat in hand

Just now, SoxAce said:

Thank god. Worst manager I've ever seen in a White Sox uniform. Didn't think it was possible to beat Terry Bevington for that spot but here we are. 

he's the worst manager anyone (currently living) has ever seen

There really is no reason they didn't do this sooner. The rest of the season is all about not setting an MLB record for ineptitude. They can win the rest of their games, they can lose the rest of their games, they will be in the same draft position. No one will buy if Gavin Sheets gets hot, that he's a building block. Play the kids, they will be better away from this loser. Hopefully better enough to avoid the record.