Pedro Grifol, Charlie Montoyo, Eddie Rodriguez, & Mike Tosar Fired (Grady Sizemore interim manager)

4 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Great, another guy who isn't wanted by their current team.

To be fair why would anyone good want to come here? The owner is a careless cheapskate. The GM is in way over his head and likely doesn't have GM duties. La Russa probably has more power than Getz and is a piece of s***. The players suck. The farm is in the top 10 in baseball but no real great prospects are in there. They aren't getting anybody special no matter what

18 minutes ago, fathom said:

Pretty clearly gonna be Skip

15 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Reads like a done deal.

The right thing to do — “We will perform a long process of interviews with all of the best available candidates at the end of the season.”

Oh wait, no.  We already know who our guy is.

This organization is such a freaking joke.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Just now, soxfan49 said:

To be fair why would anyone good want to come here? The owner is a careless cheapskate. The GM is in way over his head and likely doesn't have GM duties. La Russa probably has more power than Getz and is a piece of s***. The players suck. The farm is in the top 10 in baseball but no real great prospects are in there. They aren't getting anybody special no matter what

Because there are only 30 of these jobs in the world

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Because you could win 65 games, look like a genius, and work here forever.

• Haha 1

So the Sox fired the guy who recommended trading for Vargas, rather than taking the good Twins 2B/CF prospect?  Astonishingly stupid.

But I guess this is the same org that let Hahn and Kenny run last year’s trade deadline, only to fire them both less than a month later.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

3 hours ago, GreatScott82 said:

Man, that Pedro Grifol hire was horrible. They had guys like Bruce Bochy and Matt Quatraro available for the taking and they went with the KC bench coach. 

Moving forward, can they at least learn from this and bring in people from winning organizations instead? That tends to have a higher probability of yielding better results. 

I don't think credible coaches were ever an option.

10 minutes ago, T R U said:

Because there are only 30 of these jobs in the world

And there will be more than 1 option every offseason including this one, so why would he come here as opposed to, oh I don't know, any other opening?

31 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I thought one of the big plusses to hiring Getz as the new GM was because he could assess the problems with the team quickly?  Now he is saying it takes a thorough process and may take up to 5 years of work?

9 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

So the Sox fired the guy who recommended trading for Vargas, rather than taking the good Twins 2B/CF prospect?  Astonishingly stupid.

That's what stuck out to me too. It's almost like Getz is admitting the mistake even if he won't ever say it with that trade. 

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I thought one of the big plusses to hiring Getz as the new GM was because he could assess the problems with the team quickly?  Now he is saying it takes a thorough process and may take up to 5 years of work?

Gotta have some time to blame others still.

35 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

"Sizemore accepted a $15-an-hour internship with Mike Hazen, the general manager for the Diamondbacks, for the 2023 season."

I assume he's still on that same pay grade, which is why Jerry went with him.

Can you imagine being a kid coming out of school and looking for your first job working minimum wage with a big league club, only for them to come out and say "sorry kid, we're going with Grady Sizemore."