Pedro Grifol, Charlie Montoyo, Eddie Rodriguez, & Mike Tosar Fired (Grady Sizemore interim manager)

1 minute ago, Superstar Lamar said:

getz couldn't be bothered to wear a suit on a day that he is going to be representing the organization to the media at large

Of all the things to complain about, you've chosen how the man is dressed.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Worth mentioning, this eliminates both Tony and Ozzie, thankfully.

They need to hire someone who has managed before. They need to learn from the Grifail.  Pedro aced the interview. He aced the press conference, then reality snuck in, and he was in way over his head.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Ozzie and AJ were never real candidates. We should filter out all posts that contain Bob Nightengale.  AJ was recently fired by Jerry, I doubt they would turn around and then give him a coaching opportunity 

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

LOL, this team is ridiculous.  Yes, this may be the right strategy FINALLY, but there is no hard and fast rule that a good manager has to have worked/played for the Sox, or now has to have worked/played for a team other than the Sox.  JR and Getz are an absolute joke.  They may as well use a Ouija Board to select the next manager.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

They need to hire someone who has managed before. They need to learn from the Grifail.  Pedro aced the interview. He aced the press conference, then reality snuck in, and he was in way over his head.

I wonder if that is why Skip Shumaker is a leading candidate...

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

LOL, this team is ridiculous.  Yes, this may be the right strategy FINALLY, but there is no hard and fast rule that a good manager has to have played for the Sox, or now has to have played for a team other than the Sox.  These guys are an absolute joke.  They may as well use a Ouija Board to select the next manager.

You're not wrong but I think most of us would prefer someone external, not from the Sox or Royals.  In the end, it likely won't make a difference, this guy's head will be in the chopping block in 2 years.  Baseball America just did a short live stream, basically stating that the future of the White Sox is going to be very bleak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Of all the things to complain about, you've chosen how the man is dressed.

He dressed down due to his nerves.  Take a look at how much Getz is sweating in that video, while spouting out all of that BS.

Now he may need up to 5 years to figure out the roster.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

16 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

And there will be more than 1 option every offseason including this one, so why would he come here as opposed to, oh I don't know, any other opening?

Low expectations and a solid farm. Why would anyone have agreed to manage Baltimore 5 years ago? They were historically cheap, poorly run and in a much tougher division.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Progress?!?

He is talking about the whole organization and I don't think he is wrong. They are in much better shape AS A WHOLE than they have been. Sucks real bad right now, but hopefully pays off in the next few years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Laugh reacts only.  It's either that or cry.

JR: Only Getz can do this quickly.

Getz: The AL Central is winnable

~ 1 year later ~ 

Getz: Whoever said we could do this quickly???

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • Paper Bag 1

7 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

He is talking about the whole organization and I don't think he is wrong. They are in much better shape AS A WHOLE than they have been. Sucks real bad right now, but hopefully pays off in the next few years.

How so?

7 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

The Sox traded for a bust player without a position with their third best trade chip on the advice of a coach they just fired.

This organization is dysfunctional and needs to be cleaned out entirely.

• Like 2