White Sox Looking to Bring in a Hitting Equivalent of Bannister?

DirtySox

Who all has Getz brought in as a GM? I can think of Bannister (good hire) and Barfield (jury's still out). Was Sizemore brought in under Getz's watch, or was he a holdover from somewhere in the org from 2023?

2 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Who all has Getz brought in as a GM? I can think of Bannister (good hire) and Barfield (jury's still out). Was Sizemore brought in under Getz's watch, or was he a holdover from somewhere in the org from 2023?

I thought I read somewhere that Sizemore was a Barfield guy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Sizemore is new this year. He's basically a Barfield guy.

• Like 1

So he (indirectly) brought in Sizemore.

The one thing that Getz seems to have done well, in my opinion, is to bring in more progressive minds as his lieutenants.

He hasn't done well on trades, and most of us think he's done a s%*# job as player development director, but it seems like he's making good hires.

...so that's.... something.

1 hour ago, JoeC said:

The one thing that Getz seems to have done well, in my opinion, is to bring in more progressive minds as his lieutenants.

He hasn't done well on trades, and most of us think he's done a s%*# job as player development director, but it seems like he's making good hires.

How many GMs would keep their job after trading 3 ML players and getting 3 ? That doesn't even deserve a WTF!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Expensive ones by Jerry's standards from a successful organization.

Somehow they got Bannister, so that's SOMETHING. Which former Sox player has a kid who's a hitting mastermind? Anyone?

2 hours ago, JoeC said:

Is Sizemore a feather in his cap?

Just now, FloydBannister1983 said:

I’ll assume no and adjust later if evidence proves me wrong.

It’s the scientific method.

I’m kind of excited to find out. It’s a nice test to see if the minds Getz is bringing in are actually worth a damn. I remember being excited for the Barfield hire. Maybe this is the start of whatever the opposite of a Bozo Explosion is.

• Like 1