The Sox aren't spending "right now"

1 hour ago, wrathofhahn said:

It's so penny wise and a pound foolish. How much did we waste on free agents since then? I've counted close to 100M in buyouts. You could buy the top analyitics and scouting staff in baseball just off the amount of money the White Sox have paid players not to play the last five years.

You can't tell me that with a better staff we still sign Maldonado I mean anyone with two working brain cells saw this was going to be the result.

It doesn't make any sense. They gave Maldonado 4.25 million. While I don't know what every executive in the league is making, I assume you could get a pretty good one for that cost. Building out a smart staff is pennies on the dollar compared to your player payroll. But they refuse to do it. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Tony said:

It doesn't make any sense. They gave Maldonado 4.25 million. While I don't know what every executive in the league is making, I assume you could get a pretty good one for that cost. Building out a smart staff is pennies on the dollar compared to your player payroll. But they refuse to do it. 

The Sox may be the one team to be penny dumb and pound foolish.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Seriously.  You should be able to call up your triple A catcher and get that kind of "output" for $750k, and save yourself $3.5 million.

• Thanks 1