8/9 Games

BamaDoc

I'd like to see Colson get 2 hits in a game. Really hope this season was caused by not enough reps in the lower classes. If

it turns out he can't handle a good fastball, he's in trouble.

20 minutes ago, zisk said:

I'd like to see Colson get 2 hits in a game. Really hope this season was caused by not enough reps in the lower classes. If

it turns out he can't handle a good fastball, he's in trouble.

He has 2 walks tonight. Last one after a terrific 9-pitch at bat. But the guy does not throw hard.

5 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Ha ha. Just from an entertainment perspective, it would be nice to see him slap the ball around and run. No one on the Sox plays with his level of enjoyment.

lol I would love to see a player like that find a way to be successful in MLB. Not totally unprecedented even if it's very unlikely

Jake Peppers numbers don't look great this year but his stuff is legit. If he can't find consistent command as a starter I won't be shocked if he becomes a solid big league closer. Put him in a bullpen and I'd be surprised if he's not hitting 100.

• Like 1

Dash won 5-2. 5 runs on just 6 hits (no XBH) because they walked a bunch (7BB) and ran all over the place (8SB/1CS)

Zavala got his 68th. 69th. and 70th walks tonight. He's also running an unsustainably low BABIP, I think the hits will come.

Nishida was 1-3 with 2 BB and 3 SB. He also reached on an error because he makes defenses nervous. Incredibly hard not to root for him, and his playstyle seems infectious.

Bergolla (1-3 with a BB) seems to have solid speed too, he also stole 3 bags.

RHP Connor Housley (UDFA) got his first WS save. He's got nice stuff, sub-1 ERA and WHIP.

Other MiLB observations:

• DeLoach has looked really solid lately. Great defense, slashing .280/.419/.560 in August after an .815 OPS July.
  • I thought the org was done with Carlos Perez catching, but maybe not? He's backing up Quero now. I know they called up Chuckie, but they could have Hackenberg in Charlotte if they wanted. FWIW, he looks okay back there and also hit a HR today.
  • DJ is off to a hot start in AA. 5-13 with 2 HR, 1BB and just 2K:
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1