Stone not sure he will be back in 25, season "wearing on him"

2 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Beckham has gotten dramatically better.

Is Beckham's voice less annoying? Seems like a nice guy and smart analyst last year when I listened/watched. Stone simply can't continue watching such bad baseball. He has to quit and do something productive. Life is too short.

Edited by greg775

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

When does this season start wearing on old ass Jerry?

In all seriousness it is validated that Reinsdorf is still with it?  I help out a guy who has lost his mind and he is ten years younger than Reinsdorf.  Does Reinsdorf know he owns the team?  Does he know they have a poor record?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

So this is the same guy who would mercilessly rip Sox fans on Twitter that dared to question the team over the past few years?

Very good point. He'd block anybody left and right who dared criticize the organization or the front office.

Maybe he's finally seen the reality of things under JR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd be mad about being paired with that clown too. That said his heart hasn't been it in for years, just quit so we don't have to have a sub so often in the 2nd half of the season with no chemistry. Bacon is legit decent and you can tell he has a lot of insight as a really talented guy that just wasn't able to ever put it together mentally.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Very good point. He'd block anybody left and right who dared criticize the organization or the front office.

Maybe he's finally seen the reality of things under JR.

Stone stopped tweeting didn't he this year? Sign of not giving a bleep. I mean what's there to say? Anything he writes on X is a lie if it's at all positive. And it takes a special talent to be negative all the time like me and most of you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

Stone is 77 years old. Most people would have been retired for a decade or more.

I thought I read (I could be making this up) that he felt if he didn't stay active in this way it would go downhill for him. 

2 hours ago, PaleAleSox said:

I thought I read (I could be making this up) that he felt if he didn't stay active in this way it would go downhill for him. 

Active?  Dude hasn’t flown to the west coast at all, as long as I can remember.  For as much as the Sox hated and ultimately dumped Benetti for doing other gigs, Stone had as much, if not more vacation time or time away from announcing than I remember Hawk having just before he retired.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Active?  Dude hasn’t flown to the west coast at all, as long as I can remember.  For as much as the Sox hated and ultimately dumped Benetti for doing other gigs, Stone had as much, if not more vacation time or time away from announcing than I remember Hawk having just before he retired.

Very good point but then again JR likes Stone the same couldn't be said for Benetti. 

• Thanks 1