Stone not sure he will be back in 25, season "wearing on him"

4 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Looking like he's gonna stick around for a while.

Buddy, you won't be working when they are good again. We might not be alive when they are average again. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

I don’t know if I’d take that as he’s returning.  That could easily be a shot across the bow negotiating tactic.  My guess is that CHSN is lowballing people and proposing significant paycuts

I was thinking that also. I wonder if he would retire or consider another position around the league if his agent can't work out a deal. 

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

I was thinking that also. I wonder if he would retire or consider another position around the league if his agent can't work out a deal. 

Seems like the Tigers have an opening, what with their regular guy being a predator. I personally would find that hilarious. Not the predation, but Stone and Benetti working together again.

Edited by nrockway
  • Fire 1

21 minutes ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

Schriffen and Stone just announced Steve Stone has a "lifetime" contract as commentator.  Can't believe he wants to keep watching this.

I know I’m in the minority but I’ve hated listening to him since long before he came to the Sox and nothing I’ve heard since he came to the Sox changed my mind.  His nasally voice combined with his pompous attitude always made me hit the mute button.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The Stoney story makes me laugh. Baseball is so different from other sports. The guy is 77 and gets a multi year deal to continue on. Must be nice. Many people at 77 are toast, couch potatoes with ailments. This guy is beloved when he goes to work. Everybody's wanting selfies, slapping him on the back, praising him. Eats the ballpark meal for media, broadcasts the games he wants to broadcast. In short, has it made at 77. And he's not the play by play guy so he doesn't have to worry about losing depth perception like Hawk. Didn't Harry and Brickhouse announce forever as well?

Same in KC. The Royals' Denny Matthews is 81, does all home games skips most of the road games. Uecker is 90. All making huge bucks and beloved as they age instead of playing pinochle with the elder statesmen.

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Maybe years ago.  Now he’s a cranky old fart that enjoys hanging his partner out to dry.  His interactions with Sox fans on Twitter is an embarrassment.

So you're telling me he's a real person unhappy with the way things are going? That makes him arguably the most relatable broadcaster in sports.

8 minutes ago, Panerista said:

So you're telling me he's a real person unhappy with the way things are going? That makes him arguably the most relatable broadcaster in sports.

Trolling your partner and getting into Twitter fights with fans isn’t relatable or professional.

• Like 4

On 9/25/2024 at 5:56 PM, Rusty said:

I don’t know if I’d take that as he’s returning.  That could easily be a shot across the bow negotiating tactic.  My guess is that CHSN is lowballing people and proposing significant paycuts

He’s paid by the team directly.