Stone not sure he will be back in 25, season "wearing on him"

14 hours ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I'd be happy if he leaves and they hire A.J Pierzynski to take his place.  Maybe I'd start watching some games again.  

I still believe AJ is in the running for manager, there is more to this than he lets on. He's hinted at it but then shoots it down like he's joking 

I won't miss him. He turned into a real Sox fan hater. The team hasn't done anything in over 15 years, and he lashes out at us. Good-bye. His heart wasn't in it for a time anyway. I wondered why he wanted the job.  I wonder if Schriffen will have to call Beckham "the legend."

• Haha 2

I have always enjoyed Stone and fully understand his angst having to watch this crap firsthand.  If JR was paying me to watch, I would hire Scot Boras so I could at least get well compensated. I am on the Gordo train if Steve does pull the plug, Beckham YES !!

I will not be buying the new tv package the Sox/Bulls/Hawks will be rolling out at the end of this year.  In the spring if the Sox make legit changes to this squad I will reconsider. 

Edited by Falstaff

24 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Pretty sure Getz specifically ruled him out

True... But.....   

It's the Sox so .....

Edited by JoshPR

19 hours ago, Jerry McNertney said:

Stone is 77 years old. Most people would have been retired for a decade or more.

I know. It's really crazy when you think about it. Stone coulda been golfing every day for the last 10 years and hanging out relaxing. Prolly figures: He gets to travel a lot, watch baseball and talk 2.5 hours with no grunt work involved and a lot of money involved. It's like adding to his pile of money yet not having to exert amazing effort.

Anyone else notice in the broadcast booth interview last night how Getz literally turned his back on Stone the entire time and only looked at Schriffen to answer questions (including Stone’s questions)?  Then as he left, he only said goodbye to and thanked Schriffen for the interview?   Thought is was very odd & cold.

34 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

He’s become nothing more than a shill for JR. 

Yep.  The guy ripped every Sox fan on Twitter that was upset about the state of the team and that questioned the front office and now he is using the team’s performance as a reason he may want to retire?  The Legend is a hypocrite.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Fire 2

19 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yep.  The guy ripped every Sox fan on Twitter that was upset about the state of the team and that questioned the front office and now he is using the team’s performance as a reason he may want to retire?  The Legend is a hypocrite.

He got a nice check to watch this trash. We got nothing. f*** him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, greg775 said:

I know. It's really crazy when you think about it. Stone coulda been golfing every day for the last 10 years and hanging out relaxing. Prolly figures: He gets to travel a lot, watch baseball and talk 2.5 hours with no grunt work involved and a lot of money involved. It's like adding to his pile of money yet not having to exert amazing effort.

When you are a baseball fan, there is no better job than being one of these guys; some of them are actual fans who get to travel the nation and watch games while earning money. That turns into more of a job than a passion, though, when the product stinks. It sounds like calling games has become a job and at his age, he doesn't need one

• Fire 1

16 hours ago, FT35 said:

Anyone else notice in the broadcast booth interview last night how Getz literally turned his back on Stone the entire time and only looked at Schriffen to answer questions (including Stone’s questions)?  Then as he left, he only said goodbye to and thanked Schriffen for the interview?   Thought is was very odd & cold.

Nothing Getz said could, in my opinion, make me change my opinion of him, and in order for me to do so, he would need to alter the way he views trades and asset management in general.

He lost me with the Cease trade and the Maldonado signings; they were so ill-advised and lacking in any kind of strategy or plan that I immediately started a fire Getz thread. At this point, I do not give a damn what he says; the only thing that concerns me is how much harm JR will allow him to do before firing him.

• Haha 1