The Dawning of the Age of Sizemore/ Sox vs Cubs game thread 7:10 first pitch 8/9/24

13 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

OK he has Nicky Lopez leading off... how soon can we start a Fire Sizemore thread?  Oh right, Getz is already doing that.

I bet he is on the staff one way or another next year.

13 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Welp, there goes any inkling that Sizemore is smart about lineup construction, or that he has the autonomy to fill out his own lineup card...

What exactly are you looking for? What in your mind is an optimal lineup with these dorks?

1 hour ago, PaleAleSox said:

I bet he is on the staff one way or another next year.

If he does better than expected in this role he will earn some options out of here. He seems eager to have a coaching career. 

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I mean, the dude with elite discipline who was the centerpiece of your deadline would be.

Seriously, how about not the guy with a .297 career OBP, and maybe the guy with a .380 one in the minors?  Nah.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

Welp, there goes any inkling that Sizemore is smart about lineup construction, or that he has the autonomy to fill out his own lineup card...

There's a saying down in Texas...

1 hour ago, PaleAleSox said:

What exactly are you looking for? What in your mind is an optimal lineup with these dorks?

IDK, *NOT* Nicky Lopez leading off?

28 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You still don’t give one of the absolute worst hitters in baseball the most at bats.

This part. 

They all suck, I know, but in no world should Lopez hit above 8th, even on this historically bad team.

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I think I’d rather have our manager starting in RF.  ?

If he's decent manager he would prefer to be starting in RF. 

• Like 1

I'm excited to see what happens. Sizemore has been in the trenches with these guys and probably sees more than anyone. I'm certain this lineup is pure genius. 

Wait, that way supposed to be in the I'm drunk thread. 

Symbolically separating the vets and then the four newer guys at the bottom…basically stating he expects more leadership from the established/veteran guys from this point onwards.

Not sure that comes from Robert or Benintendi, but maybe Grifol never once talked to either guy about it??

Sox this season have attempted to force Vaughn into the role as well.  But it certainly hasn’t evolved naturally or holistically.

Edited by caulfield12