The Dawning of the Age of Sizemore/ Sox vs Cubs game thread 7:10 first pitch 8/9/24

2 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Someone needs to be spending a ton of time with Vargas, trying to get him right, because he is here for a while.

Starts his load too late, can’t hit high fastballs

24 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

I mean theoretically his arm should be stronger next year because of this year. He should have more innings next year. 

Theoretically can work in either any direction.

Theoretically he should be tired already .

Theoretically he may be doing more harm than good by continuing to pitch as a starter with a 75 pitch limit or by pitching at all.

No one really knows. But some people will be right because we are pretty much offering every type of opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Starts his load too late, can’t hit high fastballs

Nobody hits high fastballs consistently. He loads late to let the ball get deep. He's better going oppo. I'd like to see him open up a bit more so he's quicker though.

Edited by TaylorStSox

15 minutes ago, Texsox said:

What do you think Getz passed on? And what did you see in trades that makes you believe that? 

I saw no prospects moving and believe the offers were poor. 

I have no idea what he passed on, and neither do you.

Once again, what deadline starting pitcher trade are you comparing Crochet to, because no starter as good as him, as cheap as him, and with as many years of control as him was traded at the deadline.

???

Edited by WhiteSox2023

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Theoretically can work in either any direction.

Theoretically he should be tired already .

Theoretically he may be doing more harm than good by continuing to pitch as a starter with a 75 pitch limit or by pitching at all.

No one really knows. But some people will be right because we are pretty much offering every type of opinion.

Haha, I love this post.  So true.

5 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I have no idea what he passed on, and neither do you.

Once again, what deadline starting pitcher trade are you comparing Crochet to, because no starter as good as him, as cheap as him, and with as many years of control as him was traded.

???

The only thing we heard was the Dodgers wouldn't even offer Dalton Rushing.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

12 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Vargas has a nice arm from third. Is it the glove that gives him poor defensive ratings?

Yep, he has always had a good arm.  The glove is the problem.  Nothing wrong with being a LF with a cannon arm, as long as he hits, but he has to hit or else he’s worthless.

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/2020/dodgers/miguel-vargas-678246

Benintendi will be gone eventually, or just DH his sorry ass until his contract is either eaten or over.  Perhaps he somehow hits next year and is tradable?  Not getting my hopes up though…

Edited by WhiteSox2023