The Dawning of the Age of Sizemore/ Sox vs Cubs game thread 7:10 first pitch 8/9/24

16 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I have no idea what he passed on, and neither do you.

Once again, what deadline starting pitcher trade are you comparing Crochet to, because no starter as good as him, as cheap as him, and with as many years of control as him was traded at the deadline.

???

It's almost like every GM logged in here and learned he wasn't going to finish the season. Then they learned he wasn't going to pitch post season without a long term contract. 

There are no deals. I see that as an indicator that the market was soft. Again, no one gave up a top 100 prospect. I get the cheap and control but that isn't helping teams this season. 

Deadline deals are typically to get teams deeper into the playoffs or even into the playoffs. He wasn't going to help with that. 

If you were a GM how much would you have given up for him? I would not have given up much at the trade deadline. 

2 minutes ago, Texsox said:

It's almost like every GM logged in here and learned he wasn't going to finish the season. Then they learned he wasn't going to pitch post season without a long term contract. 

There are no deals. I see that as an indicator that the market was soft. Again, no one gave up a top 100 prospect. I get the cheap and control but that isn't helping teams this season. 

Deadline deals are typically to get teams deeper into the playoffs or even into the playoffs. He wasn't going to help with that. 

If you were a GM how much would you have given up for him? I would not have given up much at the trade deadline. 

You still haven’t answered my question.  Until you do, this is a pointless discussion.  No starter the quality of Crochet with a dirt cheap contract for 2.5 more seasons was traded at the deadline, period.  You can’t compare apples to oranges.

11 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

His wrist finally healed!!!

Maybe he will be tradable?  Bustintendi hitting homers is the greatest thing that has happened to this team lately.

Must have sprinkled pixie dust on Bogaerts’ long lingering wrist issue, too.

11 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You still haven’t answered my question.  Until you do, this is a pointless discussion.  No starter the quality of Crochet with a dirt cheap contract for 2.5 more seasons was traded at the deadline, period.  You can’t compare apples to oranges.

There wasn't one. But again what do you think Getz was offered? I have you my reasons why I don't think team's offered much. 

Never started a full season. Injury risks.

Not interested in post season without an extension. 

No prospects getting moved for any player by any team.

Deadline deals being used for the pennant race and post season not for cost and player control. 

Your reasons are all valid and why teams would be interested in the off season. Why trade and give up a roster spot for a guy that's likely not going to be pitching in September? 

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

There wasn't one. But again what do you think Getz was offered? I have you my reasons why I don't think team's offered much. 

Never started a full season. Injury risks.

Not interested in post season without an extension. 

No prospects getting moved for any player by any team.

Deadline deals being used for the pennant race and post season not for cost and player control. 

Your reasons are all valid and why teams would be interested in the off season. Why trade and give up a roster spot for a guy that's likely not going to be pitching in September? 

I think a top 100 prospect was offered, but that the offer still wasn’t good enough to Getz.  Your argument was that a top 100 prospect wasn’t even offered.  I disagree with that.

Edited by WhiteSox2023