The Dawning of the Age of Sizemore/ Sox vs Cubs game thread 7:10 first pitch 8/9/24

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

I am sure a top 100 prospect was offered, but I agree that the offer wasn’t good enough to Getz.  Your argument was that a top 100 prospect wasn’t even offered.  I disagree with that.

My evidence is no top 100 prospect moved at the deadline. And the guy isn't going to help you much in the regular season and not at all in the post season. Not exactly the most overwhelming target and the highest mid season value. If he expressed a willingness to help a team in any way, including a move to the bullpen, I could see a team making that offer. But based on being a starter for the most innings in his life? Not exactly why teams trade for someone at the deadline. 

In six months I believe you will be right. I will be shocked if they don't receive offers this off-season with at least one top prospect, probably more. I just didn't see it as a deadline deal. 

2 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Baldwin not being able to square up Taillon is pretty sad tbh. 

They pushed him one progression too far…but it is what it is.

Charitable hit.

Not bunting here?    
sigh.

definitely don’t want to face Benintendi 

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, fathom said:

Why didn’t Lopez bunt

Kasper DJ now arguing the coventional wisdom has shifted across baseball in this particular situation…probably not much faith in Robert, either.

Loaded for Vaughn … give em an ending.