The Dawning of the Age of Sizemore/ Sox vs Cubs game thread 7:10 first pitch 8/9/24

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

True, what a dumbass.  He could have been traded to a contender like the Dodgers, and they probably would’ve given him the extension he wanted if he didn’t demand one.  Afterall, they gave one to Mr. Glass-Now.

It’s one of the weirdest moves I’ve ever seen a player make. Just dumb. And now it’s gonna bite him in the ass because he will probably be stuck here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, PaleAleSox said:

It’s one of the weirdest moves I’ve ever seen a player make. Just dumb. And now it’s gonna bite him in the ass because he will probably be stuck here. 

No chance in hell they bring him back 

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Batting practice…should have worked harder to get Crochet out of the organization at the deadline.

Lingering questions now about durability won’t disappear over the offseason.

Absolutely should have traded him. Not trading him was egregious. I don’t care if you take a “lesser” return because a lesser return could still be a lot better than the return this offseason plus you risk injury. Dumb.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Batting practice…should have worked harder to get Crochet out of the organization at the deadline.

Lingering questions now about durability won’t disappear over the offseason.

Seems like they were working hard to get him out?

1 minute ago, joejoesox said:

dead cat bounce my fucking ass lol

People expected them to be better?  It’s still the same god awful team, we’re just happy they took step one of trimming some of the fat.

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Just because Thorpe's stuff sucks we all assume he'll be "figured out" once guys have film

Maybe that just happened to Crochet but it took longer because his stuff is so much better

I mean it was bound to happen sooner or later, Crochet has been living off two pitches for the last 3 mo

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Not sure if I should be actively cheering against Holliday when this is the second time I put him on fantasy starting roster, lol…need that Giants’ SS instead.

Speaking of Orioles, another 3-4 day for Eloy. 

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Absolutely should have traded him. Not trading him was egregious. I don’t care if you take a “lesser” return because a lesser return could still be a lot better than the return this offseason plus you risk injury. Dumb.

Plus Skubal was pulled off the market.

Watch Cags come up to KC next year and win RoY playing alongside Witt and Braden Smith get injured in true Sox everything that can go wrong will go wrong fashion.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

People expected them to be better?  It’s still the same god awful team, we’re just happy they took step one of trimming some of the fat.

2012 White Sox defense and pitching under Ventura…12 rookies, including Q?

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Plus Skubal was pulled off the market.

Watch Cags come up to KC next year and win RoY playing alongside Witt and Braden Smith get injured in true Sox everything that can go wrong will go wrong fashion.

They should have traded both Robert and Crochet. Take what you can get. When have we seen a Sox player’s trade value actually increase the closer they get to free agency over the last 5 years? Eloy, Kopech, Giolito, Lynn, Cease, moncada, etc. the value of all these guys diminished the longer they held onto them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Speaking of Orioles, another 3-4 day for Eloy. 

image.png

Lol, you can't make this stuff up. Perhaps the problem isn't just the players, but the cesspool organization?

• Like 1