The Dawning of the Age of Sizemore/ Sox vs Cubs game thread 7:10 first pitch 8/9/24

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

They should have traded both Robert and Crochet. Take what you can get. When have we seen a Sox player’s trade value actually increase the closer they get to free agency over the last 5 years? Eloy, Kopech, Giolito, Lynn, Cease, moncada, etc. the value of all these guys diminished the longer they held onto them.

And whatever they did with or to a certain now injured Braves’ starter.

Bummer…throw him in there.  Anderson, Liam.  Lucked out with Kelly Graveman Lynn.

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

I see Gradyball is not much different.

The irony of giving up a lead off homer after one of my biggest memories of him is leading off a season with a homer off Contreras.  Now all we need is Robert losing a ball in the sun.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

A 0% BB rate and a sub .100 ISO isn’t going to look good when that BABIP normalizes.

To be fair, Eloy has NEVER been a guy with an even remotely ok BB rate, but right now, he's actually hitting the ball.

9 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

They should have traded both Robert and Crochet. Take what you can get. When have we seen a Sox player’s trade value actually increase the closer they get to free agency over the last 5 years? Eloy, Kopech, Giolito, Lynn, Cease, moncada, etc. the value of all these guys diminished the longer they held onto them.

I don’t agree on Robert.  The time to trade him was last year’s trade deadline, but that is using some hindsight.  He still has time to go off at the start of next season…  hopefully.

I agree that Crochet should have been traded, even with his extension demand that didn’t help things.  Now, with Crochet apparently hitting the wall at 120 innings, it might scare off some teams next offseason, but some team will still bite on him.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

3 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

To be fair, Eloy has NEVER been a guy with an even remotely ok BB rate, but right now, he's actually hitting the ball.

I’m sure he’s way more focused now on a team trying to compete and that has competitive at bats

4 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Nope, nothing but DH.

The Orioles are a much much smarter and better org than the Sox.  It’s like night and day.

How many years of bad defense in LF, injuries, and months on the IL did it take the Sox to realize Eloy was a DH?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

The irony of giving up a lead off homer after one of my biggest memories of him is leading off a season with a homer off Contreras.  Now all we need is Robert losing a ball in the sun.

The ONE thing Kansas City has contributed to the Sox the past two decades…

Except the ball would hit him in the face and knock him out for the remainder of the season due to blurred vision.

Edited by caulfield12

32 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yay, let’s further kill Crochet’s trade value for the offseason!

What's the trade value on a guy that can get you to the All Star break then needs to be shut down? 

How much would you want Getz to give up to add a guy like that? 

7 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The Orioles are a much much smarter and better org than the Sox.  It’s like night and day.

How many years of bad defense in LF, injuries, and months on the IL did it take the Sox to realize Eloy was a DH?

Ask @southsider2k5. He thinks they handled it well

Just now, Texsox said:

What's the trade value on a guy that can get you to the All Star break then needs to be shut down? 

I mean theoretically his arm should be stronger next year because of this year. He should have more innings next year. 

• Like 1

White Sox are 0 for the season on comebacks when trailing after the 5th 6th 7th…

SD must have at least half their victories in come from behind fashion the past 2-3 weeks.  It’s almost uncanny.

Did it yet again tonight.   Ten runs allowed the last two nights by depleted Miami pen in extras.

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, Texsox said:

That’s why Getz should have traded him.  He started breaking down after the deadline.