Sox "considering Colson"

3 hours ago, Timmy U said:

The guy who is looking better down there, honestly, is Ramos. But I suppose he’s blocked as they work out whether or not Vargas can hit. What a catastrophe that trade is.

Ramos isn't blocked by a 2B/DH, a position he doesn't play, he's blocked by his .600 OPS in June/July. He has 7 hits this week which I guess is fine, but it's one week of baseball against a bad farm system. Is Vargas a bad trade? Maybe. But maybe Fedde was never that good, huh, an average pitcher with no stuff who is under contract for a 5/4 of a season. What should an MLB team have traded for Fedde?

Oh I guess they're playing at Vargas at 3B right now. Yeah he's not better than Brooks or Vargas or Naperville Nicky so why should he play? Trading for Vargas and putting him in AAA would be pretty funny. But maybe he should try hitting the ball. Same with Ramos. Maybe it's your coaches' fault, but it's also your own career. 

8 hours ago, fathom said:

f*** it, give me a reason to watch with an infield of Vaughn, Baldwin, Montgomery and Ramos and Quero catching Vargas, Fletcher and Robert in the outfield and Benintendi DH

I am with you on the youngsters but only if they are ready.  Why doesn't he at least bring up some of the young pitching? 

Getz will give Vargas a long look because he traded for him.

3 hours ago, nrockway said:

Ramos isn't blocked by a 2B/DH, a position he doesn't play, he's blocked by his .600 OPS in June/July. He has 7 hits this week which I guess is fine, but it's one week of baseball against a bad farm system. Is Vargas a bad trade? Maybe. But maybe Fedde was never that good, huh, an average pitcher with no stuff who is under contract for a 5/4 of a season. What should an MLB team have traded for Fedde?

Oh I guess they're playing at Vargas at 3B right now. Yeah he's not better than Brooks or Vargas or Naperville Nicky so why should he play? Trading for Vargas and putting him in AAA would be pretty funny. But maybe he should try hitting the ball. Same with Ramos. Maybe it's your coaches' fault, but it's also your own career. 

The consensus from just about every baseball writer was that Fedde would bring back a backend top 100 prospect and another lesser prospect outside of the top 100.

Let’s not change the narrative now about Fedde being overrated just because Getz got a crappy return for him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Timmy U said:

The guy who is looking better down there, honestly, is Ramos. But I suppose he’s blocked as they work out whether or not Vargas can hit. What a catastrophe that trade is.

Was gonna post the same thing. He's healthy and raking. Should be starting 3B next year.