Getz interview...

Lip Man 1

I thought this was a very good interview. Getz was adamant that the managerial hire is his alone, talked about TLR's role, talked about JR and said the Sox have no plans to shut down Crochet for the season:

7 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I thought this was a very good interview. Getz was adamant that the managerial hire is his alone, talked about TLR's role, talked about JR and said the Sox have no plans to shut down Crochet for the season:

sure-jennifer-lawrence.gif

I bet Daddy even lets you drive the car in the driveway slowly on Sunday's. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

why are we talking about a good interview from a GM who's team is 28-88.

HOW THE f*** IS THIS JUSTIFIED

The radio hosts asked good solid probing questions and didn't mince words with Getz. That's why. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

Then u heard a different interview OR you are a media guy.

I have been in the sports media since 1978 yes, but to me that's irrelevant. 

They made Getz explain his restrictions on the managerial search. They asked him directly if the decision on the hiring was his, they specifically asked about what TLR's relationship is to the front office, the directly asked about the fact the Sox don't pay managers well (unlike the Cubs) and would that make an impact and they specifically asked if JR understands what is going on (the implication that at age 88, he may be losing his mental faculties) and tried to get a time line with one host saying he has elderly family members who could be dead before the Sox are good again.

Yea...that's a damn good interview and to an extent put Getz on the spot.

What would YOU have them ask? 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

They made Getz explain his restrictions on the managerial search. They asked him directly if the decision on the hiring was his, they specifically asked about what TLR's relationship is to the front office, the directly asked about the fact the Sox don't pay managers well (unlike the Cubs) and would that make an impact and they specifically asked if JR understands what is going on (the implication that at age 88, he may be losing his mental faculties) and tried to get a time line with one host saying he has elderly family members who could be dead before the Sox are good again.

I understand you all media people.

STOP being fucking media people and covey the hurt that real fans have......

Non of you represent that hurt we feel.

We get bull s%*# questions with, a side of ass kissing, and a "Good Luck Chris"

f*** off..........

Be real.........represent real fans without your own agendas and kissing ass

• Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 1

f*** off..........

I've been a Sox fan for 63 seasons now. I'm as embarrassed as I have ever been about this incompetent, dysfunctional and inept organization.

Interviewing a subject is an art form, you don't go all balls out, blow the guy up and expect him to ever consent to an interview again.

It's called respect and common courtesy whether the subject deserves it on not. Another word is professionalism. 

You're pissed I get it, you're embarrassed I get it.

There's nothing anyone can do about it now but hope for the best and hope to outlive current ownership.

That's the way it is. Feel free to have another beer or six. 

Or do what I've been doing, watching games on You Tube from good seasons (or in my case from out of my library. I've got 74 games dating back to 1981)

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Q1: Jerry hired you because he said he owed it to fans to turn this around quickly.........and you knew the origination.   How is it that your team has won 28 out of the first 116 games when Jerry hired you because you would be best for quick turnaround. 

Q2: When you were hired you talked a lot about how this division was not  great and you thought sox could compete quickly.........now all of a sudden you are saying this isnt a quick turnaround and it takes time

Q3: You said you didn't like this team.....what did you not like how is it better now?

Q4:  Did you have a hand in hiring Pedro?

Q5: What do you have to say to the dir hard white sox fans who seem to care more about the losses then seemingly the organization does????

You want me to keep going????

Stop kissing ass or stop being a media apologist 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I've been a Sox fan for 63 seasons now. I'm as embarrassed as I have ever been about this incompetent, dysfunctional and inept organization.

Interviewing a subject is an art form, you don't go all balls out, blow the guy up and expect him to ever consent to an interview again.

It's called respect and common courtesy whether the subject deserves it on not. Another word is professionalism. 

You're pissed I get it, you're embarrassed I get it.

There's nothing anyone can do about it now but hope for the best and hope to outlive current ownership.

That's the way it is. Feel free to have another beer or six. 

Or do what I've been doing, watching games on You Tube from good seasons (or in my case from out of my library. I've got 74 games dating back to 1981)

I appreciate your fandom. 

f*** your art form......This is 2024

Everyone deserves respect but lets not respect the f*** out of them where we can't rep real fans.

Agreed on ownership....man needs to go away

Why do i need to drink to be frustrated.....I'm not a drunk.......in fact if you knew who I was and what i do in life you would not say that.  Not all white sox fans are drunks and speak their minds after 1-6 beers.  

I have tried to not watch a lot of games.....I find myself then checking the score..........I don't give a f*** about the past......nor do i want to live in the past, I want my kids and myself,  as sox fans, to enjoy what we see now and in in the future.

My boys are going to college next year ( U of I) .....we go to a different ballpark every year since they were 5.  That's out thing.......This year they are embarrassed as fans and don't want to got to GR field or any road trip associated with the sox.  Yet they secretly check the scores and feel bad. 

f*** your justification of the media.

I appreciate you as fan but not as a media guy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,because no one asks real questions.

Edited by 2Deep

I appreciate your fandom. 

f*** your art form......This is 2024

Everyone deserves respect but lets not respect the f*** out of them where we can't rep real fans.

Agreed on ownership....man needs to go away

Why do i need to drink to be frustrated.....I'm not a drunk.......in fact if you knew who I was and what i do in life you would not say that.  Not all white sox fans are drunks and speak their minds after 1-6 beers.  

I have tried to not watch a lot of games.....I find myself then checking the score..........I don't give a f*** about the past......nor do i want to live in the past, I want my kids and myself,  as sox fans, to enjoy what we see now and in in the future.

My boys are going to college next year ( U of I) .....we go to a different ballpark every year since they were 5.  That's out thing.......This year they are embarrassed as fans and don't want to got to GR filed or any road trip associated with the sox.  Yet they secretly check the scores and feel bad. 

f*** you justification of the media.

I appreciate you as fan but not as a media guy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,because no one asks real questions.

Right...rip a guy apart, get no answers out of them and cut off your nose to spite your face because "real" fans want blood. Meanwhile you never get the guy again for an interview.

Again the word is PROFESSIONALISM.

Based on your comments, your complete not understanding of how things are done and a four letter word every other word, I assumed you had a beer or two or six or 12.

The hosts put Getz on the spot got him to at least semi-answer their questions and provide information.

If you don't like the answers well, that's to bad because that's all you are going to get from the organization and frankly I'm surprised Getz even said what he did and didn't completely dance around things. 

You don't like what this franchise has become? Get in line with the rest of us.

You want real change? Get used to this fact, it's not happening...not yesterday, not today and not tomorrow until new ownership arrives.

So, take care of yourself, eat right, exercise, see your doctor once a year and hope to outlive current ownership and see better days.

That's all I've got and that's all you've got.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Q1: Jerry hired you because he said he owed it to fans to turn this around quickly.........and you knew the origination.   How is it that your team has won 28 out of the first 116 games when Jerry hired you because you would be best for quick turnaround. 

Q2: When you were hired you talked a lot about how this division was not  great and you thought sox could compete quickly.........now all of a sudden you are saying this isnt a quick turnaround and it takes time

Q3: You said you didn't like this team.....what did you not like how is it better now?

Q4:  Did you have a hand in hiring Pedro?

Q5: What do you have to say to the dir hard white sox fans who seem to care more about the losses then seemingly the organization does????

You want me to keep going????

Stop kissing ass or stop being a media apologist 

The hosts asked Getz about the fact that fans don't trust the organization and don't have any confidence right now in things.

That's not good enough for you?

And yes the questions you pose are valid ones, I've got no issues with them. They could have been asked also as long as it was done in a respectful way and not in an accusatory voice. You want the latter perspective and that isn't going to fly in the long run.

The "Jay Mariotti" style of broadcasting doesn't usually work very well. Most fans I know think "Mad Dog" Russo or Skip Bayless are provocateur's and basically idiots.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Right...rip a guy apart, get no answers out of them and cut off your nose to spite your face because "real" fans want blood. Meanwhile you never get the guy again for an interview.

Based on your comments, your complete not understanding of how things are done and a four letter word every other word, I assumed you had a beer or two or six or 12.

The hosts put Getz on the spot got him to at least semi-answer their questions and provide information.

If you don't like the answers well, that's to bad because that's all you are going to get from the organization and frankly I'm surprised Getz even said what he did and didn't completely dance around things. 

You want real change? Get used to this fact, it's not happening...not yesterday, not today and not tomorrow until new ownership arrives.

So, take care of yourself, eat right, exercise, see your doctor once a year and hope to outlive current ownership and see better days.

f*** you media guys.

Because you are worried about everything but asking real questions.  You just basically said you don't represent the fans.....you are too worried ass kissing.

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The hosts asked Getz about the fact that fans don't trust the organization and don't have any confidence right now in things.

And yes the questions you pose are valid ones, I've got no issues with them. They could have been asked also as long as it was done in a respectful way and not in an accusatory voice. You want the latter perspective and that isn't going to fly in the long run.

The "Jay Mariotti" style of broadcasting doesn't usually work very well. Most fans I know think "Mad Dog" Russo or Skip Bayless are provocateur's and basically idiots.  

I hated Jay m

No one in the media represents what real sox feel because you all are scared of jerry.

9 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Lip

I don't hate you brother because I don't know you.

I heard a very soft interview From The score this morning With our gm. It frustrated this s%*# out of me.

At some point somebody needs a man up and represent the fans.

I hear a lot of tough talk from The dudes on the score Or Espn 1000 in Chicago but when they get a White Sox official in a interview They ask p**** ass questions. They don't represent us!

Edited by 2Deep

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

It’s obvious from this that Getz is completely full of $hit and it’s obvious that the hosts know it.  They weren’t really buying his corporate BS.  He’s in completely over his head, like a few of my co workers.  I don’t know that he knows he’s over his head.  I think he thinks his snake oil BS placated the hosts and the fans.  He’s an imbecile.

• Like 1

Lip

I don't hate you brother because I don't know you.

I heard a very soft interview From The score this morning With our gm. It frustrated this s%*# out of me.

We'll just have to disagree then on the interview.

Also just FYI, I don't know JR (have met him twice though briefly and corresponded with him directly and he answered. Why? Because I was respectful in my comments) so I'm not "scared" of him.

Also I no longer live in Chicago nor do I work in the Chicago media. 

14 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

( He actually did completely dance around things.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

It’s obvious from this that Getz is completely full of $hit and it’s obvious that the hosts know it.  They weren’t really buying his corporate BS.  He’s in completely over his head, like a few of my co workers.  I don’t know that he knows he’s over his head.  I think he thinks his snake oil BS placated the hosts and the fans.  He’s an imbecile.

If he doesn't realize he is in over his head, we are in deeper trouble than we think. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

We'll just have to disagree then on the interview.

Also just FYI, I don't know JR (have met him twice though briefly and corresponded with him directly and he answered. Why? Because I was respectful in my comments) so I'm not "scared" of him.

Also I no longer live in Chicago nor do I work in the Chicago media. 

??

3 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Floyd: Just FYI when I said I thought this was a good interview I meant from the hosts perspective. If I didn't make that clear that's on me. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

f*** off..........

What the hell is this?  You better dial it back this is very personal and Lip didn’t do anything to deserve this

• Like 1
  • Love 1