Getz interview...

Lip Man 1

31 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It has less than zero to do with who he is personally and everything to do with Soxtalks rules on personal attacks. I promise you no one here cares about Lip and his interviews, but the problem is you and your attacks.  We suspend and ban people for this. Consider yourself warned 

I have no issues with LIP and i stated that. im not personally attacking anyone.....I was speaking off the Chicago media.

So you banning me would make no sense other then to prove your own worth.

I've been on this board for years and have never gone after a poster. I have disagreed but never personally gone after anyone.

12 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I have no issues with LIP and i stated that. im not personally attacking anyone.....I was speaking off the Chicago media.

I've been on this board for years and have never gone after a poster. I have disagreed but never personally gone after anyone.

Cool, then don't make me prove my own worth.

• Haha 2
  • TLR 1

4 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

You’re all good bro.  Just let this die down.  We have all lost our cool in the moment because of the incompetence of this franchise.  The mods are very reasonable and will give you a second chance here if you just let it go.  And regardless of anyone’s feelings of Lip, the dude has pretty tough skin.

And I generally agree with your view of the Chicago media and being too soft on the Sox, but I actually think we’re seeing some subtle progress there.  On Getz’s 45 minute presser / Q&A session, there were definitely a couple heaters asked.  I actually think DVS at the SunTimes may have been one of the more aggressive ones (unfamiliar with his voice, but think it was him) which was a refreshing change of pace for the beat writers.  Regardless, we need more from them and I can promise you if the media won’t step up and it do its job then it’s up to us fans at SoxFest to hold the org accountable.  I plan to be in that line with multiple tough questions for Chris if they give us the shot and I know I won’t be alone.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You’re all good bro.  Just let this die down.  We have all lost our cool in the moment because of the incompetence of this franchise.  The mods are very reasonable and will give you a second chance here if you just let it go.  And regardless of anyone’s feelings of Lip, the dude has pretty tough skin.

And I generally agree with your view of the Chicago media and being too soft on the Sox, but I actually think we’re seeing some subtle progress there.  On Getz’s 45 minute presser / Q&A session, there were definitely a couple heaters asked.  I actually think DVS at the SunTimes may have been one of the more aggressive ones (unfamiliar with his voice, but think it was him) which was a refreshing change of pace for the beat writers.  Regardless, we need more from them and I can promise you if the media won’t step up and it do its job then it’s up to us fans at SoxFest to hold the org accountable.  I plan to be in that line with multiple tough questions for Chris if they give us the shot and I know I won’t be alone.

Appreciate you.

I enjoy this forum because most of us are miserable together when it comes to this team and organization.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 2Deep said:

I understand you all media people.

STOP being fucking media people and covey the hurt that real fans have......

Non of you represent that hurt we feel.

We get bull s%*# questions with, a side of ass kissing, and a "Good Luck Chris"

f*** off..........

Be real.........represent real fans without your own agendas and kissing ass

I think these guys asked great questions. The problem was, Getz danced around them. They specifically asked for a timeline. Said family members were worried they would be dead before the Sox were good again.  That’s a very real question. Getz first laughed, then danced. In other words he has no idea when he thinks the Sox will be good again. At least they didn’t waste this season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I think these guys asked great questions. The problem was, Getz danced around them. They specifically asked for a timeline. Said family members were worried they would be dead before the Sox were good again.  That’s a very real question. Getz first laughed, then danced. In other words he has no idea when he thinks the Sox will be good again. At least they didn’t waste this season.

I do appreciate mully talking about dead family members before sox get good.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

It's 100% this.  We can guess based on history and what is in queue, but you really can't start the clock until you know what we get from our selling 

3 hours ago, 2Deep said:

Your passion came through. I am just glad there are still sox fans passionate about this club.

I barely care when this team loses anymore and I have zero confidence in the current group. I personally wish there were interviewers who just say the truth of what fans think even if they couch it by saying the fanbase thinks you are terrible, are making awful trades, and should be fired. How would you defend the Cease trade. How do you defend the Maldonado signing. Why didn't you ask for Carlson back from the Cardinals. How do you plan on improving the talent base for this club in the short term to put a watchable product on the field not just signing washed up stop gap vets who are just looking for an opportunity. 

None of the CWS media has the balls to ask these questions. NY media does that is only because they don't care about access as much. I maybe watch a game a week now and when football starts that will be 0

Edited by wrathofhahn
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, 2Deep said:

Did someone get your password?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Rusty_Kuntz said:

Questions were solid. 

Answers were brutal. "A myriad of reasons." And then no actual reasons. That answer always lets you know you're dealing with a dolt or bullshitter. 

If the season had not been historically awful and just bad, the questions would have been fine. However, the hosts, CWS management, and even most fans no longer seem to give a damn. I want to see Getz challenged, not just asked difficult questions. I would like to see his responses contested.

But hey I get it until the NFL season begins, everyone is just going through the motions. After that, they will not have to discuss the CWS any more. For me this is not just another losing season; Getz assembled one of the worst MLB teams in history, and it will always be remembered as such, and then he subtracted from that historically bad talent base at the deadline and made it even worse. 

To me fans are allowed to be emotional about the state of this franchise; this is Rod 0-16 Lions type territory this team isn't just bad it's embarrassment to baseball. 

Edited by wrathofhahn

On 8/9/2024 at 10:55 PM, Lip Man 1 said:

Right...rip a guy apart, get no answers out of them and cut off your nose to spite your face because "real" fans want blood. Meanwhile you never get the guy again for an interview.

Again the word is PROFESSIONALISM.

Based on your comments, your complete not understanding of how things are done and a four letter word every other word, I assumed you had a beer or two or six or 12.

The hosts put Getz on the spot got him to at least semi-answer their questions and provide information.

If you don't like the answers well, that's to bad because that's all you are going to get from the organization and frankly I'm surprised Getz even said what he did and didn't completely dance around things. 

You don't like what this franchise has become? Get in line with the rest of us.

You want real change? Get used to this fact, it's not happening...not yesterday, not today and not tomorrow until new ownership arrives.

So, take care of yourself, eat right, exercise, see your doctor once a year and hope to outlive current ownership and see better days.

That's all I've got and that's all you've got.  

To be fair, who gives a f*** if you never get to interview Getz again? He's a failure of a GM and won't be around baseball long, anyway. Nobody really cares what he says because he's not qualified for the job, and is full of s%*#. There's no real consequence to ripping him apart.

21 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

He’d be nuts to give a timeline. It just depends. They’ll be awful in 2025. Could they be fun in 2026? It’s possible depending on prospect performances. They could start spending in 2027. Getz would be crazy to lay out a timeline. Theo Epstein never did. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wrathofhahn said:

If the season had not been historically awful and just bad, the questions would have been fine. However, the hosts, CWS management, and even most fans no longer seem to give a damn. I want to see Getz challenged, not just asked difficult questions. I would like to see his responses contested.

But hey I get it until the NFL season begins, everyone is just going through the motions. After that, they will not have to discuss the CWS any more. For me this is not just another losing season; Getz assembled one of the worst MLB teams in history, and it will always be remembered as such, and then he subtracted from that historically bad talent base at the deadline and made it even worse. 

To me fans are allowed to be emotional about the state of this franchise; this is Rod 0-16 Lions type territory this team isn't just bad it's embarrassment to baseball. 

I think the interview let Getz sound like what he is, a putz without a plan. When interviewers start getting hostile, it serves as an excuse for the interviewee to shut down or turn the blame on the interviewer. Mike North never seemed to get that. 

Fans should be emotional, and the interview was enough to evoke emotion without the hosts getting emotional imo. 

• Like 2

On 8/10/2024 at 10:13 AM, southsider2k5 said:

It has less than zero to do with who he is personally and everything to do with Soxtalks rules on personal attacks. I promise you no one here cares about Lip and his interviews, but the problem is you and your attacks.  We suspend and ban people for this. Consider yourself warned 

This seems unnecessary and ironically a personal attack in itself. I enjoy Lip’s work. 

The interview is decent I think. As mentioned you have to toe certain lines if you want continued access. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

He’d be nuts to give a timeline. It just depends. They’ll be awful in 2025. Could they be fun in 2026? It’s possible depending on prospect performances. They could start spending in 2027. Getz would be crazy to lay out a timeline. Theo Epstein never did. 

Of course people with no clue, would be crazy to give some sort of timeline.He and the team owe the fanbase some sort of explanation , and  when they believe they should have this fixed. If you remember, this guy was hired because they couldn’t waste a year, and he would have this built back faster than anyone else.Perhaps the best rebuild of the JR era had a timeline they actually beat by a season, when Himes built a team that was supposed to be ready to contend when they moved to what then was the new park.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Of course people with no clue, would be crazy to give some sort of timeline.He and the team owe the fanbase some sort of explanation , and  when they believe they should have this fixed. If you remember, this guy was hired because they couldn’t waste a year, and he would have this built back faster than anyone else.Perhaps the best rebuild of the JR era had a timeline they actually beat by a season, when Himes built a team that was supposed to be ready to contend when they moved to what then was the new park.

1994 strike  self-induced destruction by owners

2020-21 Covid/revenue shortfalls when they should have been selling out leads to Benentendi and Crochet for Red Sox B/C prospects…maybe Bailey Horn return

2030  what calamity is next around the corner?