Crochet cites “mechanical issue” for poor outings

22 minutes ago, T R U said:

f*** off Garrett. This dude can’t be traded soon enough. 

I would assume he won't be traded now until the winter. Hopefully he fixes any issues so his trade value is high.

4 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

He won't be throwing enough innings to do fix his numbers. 

He may not need to fix his numbers. If he can throw a few good innings in September that might be enough. Show some sign he can help a team through an entire season. 

I wonder if we were fans of a consistently successful franchise if we would have a different view of our young potential superstar. 

Most here are holding our breath waiting for his arm to fall off. I wonder if we were Dodger fans if we'd be thinking in two years he's going to be competing for a Cy Young Award and we have team control. 

Based on our history we have no reason to believe this would actually work out for us, other franchises do have this work out. 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's hard to have good mechanics when your body is exhausted.

I wonder how many other guys on the payroll this applies to. 

4 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

This guy isn’t an ace.  He’s a decent pitcher who had one good half season.  They got an underwhelming return for Cease and it will be worse for Crochet.

Well if he is a decent pitcher who only had one good half season and isn't an ace, how could the return be underwhelming? 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

This guy isn’t an ace.  He’s a decent pitcher who had one good half season.  They got an underwhelming return for Cease and it will be worse for Crochet.

Oh he has ace stuff.  He just needs to take care of his health and conditioning, which takes a while 

• Like 2

Oh look, our “ace” has a 3.65 ERA and is steadily destroying his trade value.

It will be fully destroyed when he injures himself. Why the f*** is this guy not already shut down for the season?

Good thing he sabotaged his own trade value a few weeks ago. Now the Sox are intent on finishing the job.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Are they really going to keep him pitching the entire season?  I thought they had previously said they would shut him down at some point?

Getz yesterday on the Mully & Haugh show said they were not shutting him down for the season and he would continue to start games.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Getz yesterday on the Mully & Haugh show said they were not shutting him down for the season and he would continue to start games.  

The Sox must be doing this to prove to other teams that Crochet can handle this many innings so he retains his trade value in the offseason.  It isn’t going to work and will more than likely backfire in their faces with either more horrible outings or an injury.  Crochet should be shut down.  Man, the Sox are stupid.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Oh look, our “ace” has a 3.65 ERA and is steadily destroying his trade value.

It will be fully destroyed when he injures himself. Why the f*** is this guy not already shut down for the season?

Good thing he sabotaged his own trade value a few weeks ago. Now the Sox are intent on finishing the job.

Because shutting him down will decrease his trade value. Who wants a guy that can't pitch into September? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Because shutting him down will decrease his trade value. Who wants a guy that can't pitch into September? 

A franchise that realizes guys take more than one season to build up to a full workload. I think he’s more than proven that he’s well on his way to a full workload.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

It won't decrease his trade value though. It will actually decrease his value to pitch the rest of the season and have him completely fall apart mechanically.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

A franchise that realizes guys take more than one season to build up to a full workload. I think he’s more than proven that he’s well on his way to a full workload.

Sure. How many innings next year?