Crochet cites “mechanical issue” for poor outings

3 hours ago, JoeC said:

It won't decrease his trade value though. It will actually decrease his value to pitch the rest of the season and have him completely fall apart mechanically.

And as Sox fans were conditioned to believe the worst will always happen. We probably need to shut down half the roster who are falling apart. 

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

Sure. How many innings next year? 

I don’t know, dude. You know he needs to be shut down, same as everyone else. I’m not arguing specifics. He’s gotten through 120 innings this year, which is damn near a miracle based on his major league history. Now he’s starting to suck and having “mechanical” issues. The Sox are gonna run him out there just to try to avoid embarrassing themselves with the worst record in history, and will hurt him and the franchise in doing so.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Until he nuked that himself.

I'm sorry man. My news is filled with the Uvalde records release and as a teacher, reliving this is affecting my mood. In a country where kids can't go to school without worrying about an asshole with an automatic weapon killing them this healthy guy not being able to pitch every five days seems wimpy. But your point is really valid. 

I'm going to go find happy news or get drunk, maybe both. 

4 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I'm sorry man. My news is filled with the Uvalde records release and as a teacher, reliving this is affecting my mood. In a country where kids can't go to school without worrying about an asshole with an automatic weapon killing them this healthy guy not being able to pitch every five days seems wimpy. But your point is really valid. 

Anyone can be killed at anytime anywhere.  Schools are no different.  There’s nutjobs everywhere since the beginning of time that were clubbing other people over the head with a dinosaur bone, just because.

• TLR 1
  • Paper Bag 1

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Anyone can be killed at anytime anywhere.  Schools are no different.  There’s nutjobs everywhere since the beginning of time that were clubbing other people over the head with a dinosaur bone, just because.

How many times to you have phone recordings if nine year old kids calling 911 begging for help because their friends and teachers are dying? 

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

When did you start thinking he should be shut down? 

As soon as the trade deadline passed. Keep him healthy and try to trade again in the offseason, that’s how I see it.

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

No problem at all, my man. Definitely better to get happy drunk than angry/sad drunk.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Texsox said:

How many times to you have phone recordings if nine year old kids calling 911 begging for help because their friends and teachers are dying? 

There was just a double homicide / suicide in Woodridge, IL tonight.  My two sons live not too far from there.  Like I said, this crazy stuff can happen anywhere at any time.  Murderers are insane.  If they don’t have a gun, they will use a knife or explosives or something else to kill people.  That’s why they are insane.

Edited by WhiteSox2023