8/10 Sox vs. Cubs 6:15PM

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

91-18-12560.gif

Swept by the Cubs. Even more humiliation we endure as Sox fans. My God

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Robert with one of the worst two- game series in team history.  What a bust

Just now, joejoesox said:

whole roster is full of mentally fragile children.  when abreu left, the whole clubhouse went to s%*#

The best lie going is that he was some sort of clubhouse leader. Doesn’t seem

like he was. 

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

I’d love to see someone argue how this team can be competitive in the next 5 years.  This s%*# is gonna take 10 years, another GM, and 2 more managers.

It’s going to take Jerry dying (of natural causes).  It’s the thing we all think but are too mature to say anything. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I’d love to see someone argue how this team can be competitive in the next 5 years.  This s%*# is gonna take 10 years, another GM, and 2 more managers.

Don’t worry, awesome transactions like drafting Jacob Gonzalez and trading for Vargas is going to speed things up.

• Paper Bag 1

3 minutes ago, SoxFest23 said:

Why is any Sox fan still paying Jerry money to watch his sham of a team?

Empty stadiums speak volumes

There were probably way more Cubs fans there past 2 nights than Sox fans. 

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s going to take Jerry dying (of natural causes).  It’s the thing we all think but are too mature to say anything. 

Yep, which is why I threw out the 10 years, another GM, and two more managers.  Whomever takes over this team once Jerry is gone will have to clean house.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

This team won’t win more than 10 games the rest of the way if this is how Robert and Crochet perform

Now on pace for a 38-124 record.  I absolutely love that Scrooge Reinsdorf is going to own the single season worst record.

Enjoy the history books, you old cheap bastard!

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Now on pace for a 38-124 record.  I absolutely love that Scrooge Reinsdorf is going to have to own the single season worst record.

Enjoy history, you old cheap bastard!

I love how he walks with his head down when around reporters.  Both the Sox and Bulls are screwed with him being involved.

I didn’t catch a lot of either of these games, but though they still didn’t look good, the Sox seemed to be trying a little harder. Not sure if that’s a compliment to Sizemore or just from the shakeup in general.

And does anyone else get annoyed with the pronunciation of Pete Crow-Armstrong’s name? It is the last name that is hyphenated, but everyone pronounces it like it’s Petecrow Armstrong.

0-5 with 4 strikeouts. ... Are people on the board ready to deem Robert a huge bust or are we supposed to be drooling in love with his defense? He's hitting .198 for those who like old-time stat categories. 

49 minutes ago, fathom said:

I love how he walks with his head down when around reporters.  Both the Sox and Bulls are screwed with him being involved.

He deliberately does that around reporters to avoid eye contact. No I'm not kidding. He doesn't want to open up any opportunities to have to engage with them. 

1 hour ago, SoxFest23 said:

Why is any Sox fan still paying Jerry money to watch his sham of a team?

Empty stadiums speak volumes

The economics of sports/baseball riddle me. The Sox can't be selling ANY merchandise anymore. I mean none. You'd have to be embarrased to wear Sox stuff outside GRate. ... The parking lots have to be empty. ... There can't be any lines for concessions cept when they play the Cubs, Bosox or Yanks. ... Yet the team is worth a gazillion dollars in a bad economy. Nobody can explain to me how TV can afford to fund these sports franchises with the golden deals. What advertiser would want to advertise with these low ratings?

1 hour ago, Tomtom said:

Can this be the next double digit losing streak?  How about two 20+ game losing streaks in the same season.

No offense to Grady but wouldn't it be funny if he went 0-10 or so to start out? Sox still have the abymal players and pitchers that got em to this record. Would be neat if they went 0-10 under Grady.

McCarthy over Fletcher isn’t even the main point.

It’s just the total lack of a vision for the org…which is finding projectable highly athletic up the middle talent and allocating it across the diamond instead of the backwards approach of the White Sox.

Hate AJ Preller all you want, but he decided to try to build a killer bullpen like Hahn in 2021-22 and executed that plan flawlessly after not doing enough at the deadline last year.

Traded 6/12 top prospects in doing so.

In fact, Tanner Scott will even be a free agent at the end of this season.

They basically had to cut nearly $150 million in payroll, get past the highly popular team owner’s death and are now getting more production from King Vazquez Higashioka combined than Soto last year and have even managed to survive and even thrive without Tatis Musgrove and Darvish.  Consistently Top 3-4 in MLB attendance despite having their media rights deal decapitated and being in one of the 2-3 smallest media markets.

Cease has been what some or many feared. Jackson Merrill has shifted seamlessly from SS to CF as one of the youngest players in all of baseball. Profar Estrada (struggling recently) Solano Peralta have all made considerable contributions and were better moves than any that Getz and Barfield made, with the singular exception of Fedde.  Which has now basically been thrown away by the looks of it based on early returns from Vargas.

And SD throughout has also maintained its position as an attractive FA destination.

Not to mention they have survived trading Wood Abrams and Gore…with James Wood looking like he could be a potential star and CJ quite close already.  Remember his draft year discussions/debates?   Of course they have just won 16/18, but the resilience has been everything the Sox are not, and comeback winners consistently despite being the very worst in baseball at it last year.

“Padres Rant” TM out of the way for now…

Edited by caulfield12