Benintendi

2 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Actually I think I bought my nephew one way back. I remember when my parents bought an Atari. In the 70s that was hi tech

In cleaning out her parents' cottage a couple of years back, my wife found an original Nintendo (including Duck Hunt), still in its original packaging that her parents insisted they store it in, including the original receipt.

I'm afraid to look up prices for it online.

8 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Actually I think I bought my nephew one way back. I remember when my parents bought an Atari. In the 70s that was hi tech

Were those things addictive?

8 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Strat-o-matic was the greatest baseball game ever. I ran a league when I was stationed on a semi-remote Air Force Radar Site in South Dakota in 1966-67.

Ran a league with this exact Eagle Toys Hockey also, wasn’t much to do in South Dakota. No one could beat me at that game.
Sorry for getting off my topic.

IMG_0046.jpeg

One of the guys at the Hockey House in college (early-/mid-2000's) had a Bubble Hockey setup:

redbasechexx.png?v=1708986228&width=823

It wasn't this version obviously, but he scored it when his local rink that he worked in closed down, and the owner told him he could grab the arcade games.

Good times.

• Love 1

8 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Strat-o-matic was the greatest baseball game ever. I ran a league when I was stationed on a semi-remote Air Force Radar Site in South Dakota in 1966-67.

Ran a league with this exact Eagle Toys Hockey also, wasn’t much to do in South Dakota. No one could beat me at that game.
Sorry for getting off my topic.

IMG_0046.jpeg

Wrong.

APBA is the greatest game ever.

IMHO

9 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

The game is so different. I used to play Strat-o-matic as a kid. I loved homers, hits and walks. Dave Kingman was a whiff machine back in the day. But his career high was 156, which is close to the pace Andrew  Vaughn is on this year, and whiff machine doesn't even cross my mind thinking of him.

I’m replaying 1979 season in APBA.  The game is night and day.  A quarter of the way through the season and just a couple ten strikeout games.

2 hours ago, JoeC said:

One of the guys at the Hockey House in college (early-/mid-2000's) had a Bubble Hockey setup:

redbasechexx.png?v=1708986228&width=823

It wasn't this version obviously, but he scored it when his local rink that he worked in closed down, and the owner told him he could grab the arcade games.

Good times.

I almost got my ass beat in a tavern over a game of hockey. Thought the guy playing had cut in front of my pal and I. Called him an a##hole.

He was bent over playing at the time I said it. After he was done he straightened up and was at least 5-6 inches taller than me. I've always

written checks my 5'8" ass  can't cash. Some how I'm still alive.:)

13 hours ago, zisk said:

I almost got my ass beat in a tavern over a game of hockey. Thought the guy playing had cut in front of my pal and I. Called him an a##hole.

He was bent over playing at the time I said it. After he was done he straightened up and was at least 5-6 inches taller than me. I've always

written checks my 5'8" ass  can't cash. Some how I'm still alive.:)

Cangelosi?  Grebeck?  McKay Christensen?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I kind of think Benintendi still has some upside, looking at his advanced stats. BABIP seems low and hard hit seems about 90% of what it was. I don't think he'll be a .270 hitter, but a .250 hitter with 20 homers/20 doubles a year would be fine. 

Is it still considered upside when you think he will provide less offense than you thought he would when he was given $75 million?

When I was in the electronics industry Bally was my largest customer while nearly every version of Pac-Man was being built. I was a "game tester" and they would send a game to my house. I had to give them back eventually but it was a sweet deal. Most of my friends saw Professor Pac-Man for the first time in my basement. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Texsox said:

When I was in the electronics industry Bally was my largest customer while nearly every version of Pac-Man was being built. I was a "game tester" and they would send a game to my house. I had to give them back eventually but it was a sweet deal. Most of my friends saw Professor Pac-Man for the first time in my basement. 

Damn that would be my dream job

35 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Damn that would be my dream job

It was until the games industry cratered and Bally moved their video slots and lottery business to Nevada.  Fortunately for me telecom exploded shortly after that. 

7 hours ago, wrathofhahn said:

He has a -1.6 WAR and a.629 OPS. He basically had eight hot games. How bad is this team that we are resorting to getting excited over two series worth of bats?

Literally the worst in 125 years, going back to 1900

• Haha 2