NYY @ Sox

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

It’s called luck.  7 walks.

Throwing a baseball at this level and getting a good teams hitters out is not just luck. He's making pitches that get the best hitters in the world out.

He's kept the Sox in this game.

Not sure he's going to be out there next inning though.

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Thorpe seemed ready. He did come in a set a White Sox record and pitch 4 straight games going 6 innings and giving up 3 hits or less. Then gets bombed 2 outings in a row and it's 2nd time facing same guys and he's useless forever. Turns out he's hurt or arm weary which could account for the beatings. We got lots of time to figure it out.

It's not always worst case scenario just because he doesn't throw hard.

He was coming straight from AA. He got by because he isn't Bush and walking everyone. Although it isn't impossible at all to pitch straight from AA but most of the guys who do have great stuff. Thorpe probably would've benefitted pitching AAA games before coming up. But I've always liked guys who can throw strikes so he definitely has a chance. 

5 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Fletcher needs to play every damn day.

All these complaints about trading Mena for Fletcher, and how terrible that trade was. There were just so many on here that these complaints were being accepted as fact. 

Well . . . Fletcher seems to be hitting with playing time. Also he plays good defense and has a very good arm. I can remember a couple of very nice assists from earlier in the year, seems he has a very good arm.  Mena  has an MLB ERA of 12.00. Maybe Fletcher has a better arm than Mena. 

4 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

All these complaints about trading Mena for Fletcher, and how terrible that trade was. There were just so many on here that these complaints were being accepted as fact. 

Well . . . Fletcher seems to be hitting with playing time. Also he plays good defense and has a very good arm. I can remember a couple of very nice assists from earlier in the year, seems he has a very good arm.  Mena  has an MLB ERA of 12.00. Maybe Fletcher has a better arm than Mena. 

Time will tell. The Debate still raging on about Burger for Eder.

Really?? You can't keep him in there to try and so he can try to get one more out to give him a chance to get a major league win over the Yankees. 

I would be more okay with it if you were removing him for a real pitcher, but you're taking him out with two outs in the 5th to bring in Touki? I don't get that. 

19 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Throwing a baseball at this level and getting a good teams hitters out is not just luck. He's making pitches that get the best hitters in the world out.

13 baserunners in 4.2 innings, with only 2 strikeouts and 2 earned runs…

That’s a 2.31 WHIP.  Luck.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It's not something you see everyday in baseball.  Unfortunately the pen will blow this again.

15 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

He’s still hitting .213 with a .548 OPS overall.  Talk about declaring early victory.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

14 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

How about maybe giving him some playing time so that can be figured out?  Nah.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yep, Getz traded a good prospect for Fletcher.  Fletcher started out terribly and Getz gave up on him immediately in an already lost season.  Vilehoopster should be questioning Getz for not having any faith in Fletcher moreso than Sox fans.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

He’s still hitting .213 with a .548 OPS overall.  Talk about declaring early victory.

What? Mena's one MLB start wasn't enough to declare a victory for Fletcher? I'm sure Vile will say that's enough. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He's made 3 horrible plays in CF. this year.  Just sayin.

Just now, oldsox said:

He's made 3 horrible plays in CF. this year.  Just sayin.

Seriously?  I don't care.  Andrew Benintendi has been making bad plays for 2 years now.  Gavin Sheets has made a million bad plays.  There is zero reason for Fletcher to not be playing in a 120 loss season.