NYY @ Sox

7 minutes ago, oldsox said:

He's made 3 horrible plays in CF. this year.  Just sayin.

At this point, it doesn’t matter.  Getz gave up a good prospect for Fletcher so he needs to see what he has in him.  He is turning 27 in three weeks so he has to pan out sooner rather than later if he’s going to at all.

It does suck that a guy of his size and stature can’t really play CF well since you want power bats in the corners, but oh well.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Seriously?  I don't care.  Andrew Benintendi has been making bad plays for 2 years now.  Gavin Sheets has made a million bad plays.  There is zero reason for Fletcher to not be playing in a 120 loss season.

Yes, seriously.

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Baldwin has sneaky power. Could easily be a 15-20 homer per year kind of guy. Of all the rookie position players they’ve played this season he’s been the most impressive imo.

I don't understand how he's getting the ball over the fence

• Like 1

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Baldwin has sneaky power. Could easily be a 15-20 homer per year kind of guy. Of all the rookie position players they’ve played this season he’s been the most impressive imo.

I don’t think he’s looked super overmatched. Just gotta lay off some stuff. 

29 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

At this point, it doesn’t matter.  Getz gave up a good prospect for Fletcher so he needs to see what he has in him.  He is turning 27 in three weeks so he has to pan out sooner rather than later if he’s going to at all.

It does suck that a guy of his size and stature can’t really play CF well since you want power bats in the corners, but oh well.

I have no issue with Fletcher being a 4th outfielder.  If he's a starter then you are probably losing 100 games