NYY @ Sox

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

As if u ever wait to declare early defeat.

Blame Getz.  In a terrible season, Fletcher barely has over 100 plate appearances.  That’s called roster mismanagement.  I guess Sheets needed those at bats.  He has 45 games in the outfield.  Brutal.

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yep, Getz traded a good prospect for Fletcher.  Fletcher started out terribly and Getz gave up on him immediately in an already lost season.  Vilehoopster should be questioning Getz for not having any faith in Fletcher moreso than Sox fans.

Your hot takes lack any perspective.Sending a guy down is not giving up when you're playing other guys in the OF ,one of whom you needed to trade.Plenty of time to get Fletcher a good look.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Your hot takes lack any perspective.Sending a guy down is not giving up when you're playing other guys in the OF ,one of whom you needed to trade.Plenty of time to get Fletcher a good look.

Hot take?  Once again, Sheets and his .676 OPS has 45 games in the outfield.  How much more does Getz have to see of him to realize he’s terrible?  Fletcher should have been out there most of the season to see what he can do, if not to also try to disprove that it wasn’t a terrible trade to begin with.

Getz blows.  Is that hot take too?

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

I remember the trade being declared a loss a few days in because Mena hit 95 on a ST gun for Arizona.

Has anyone noticed that Mena looks exactly like Bartolo Colon in the face?

Start eating kid.

2 hours ago, hi8is said:

Well that must have been fun. Amazing, they s%*# can Pedro and they start playing better.

I have no idea if this is sustainable but if they continue playing like this for the next 6 weeks it sure makes you wonder how last and this season might have been different without Pedro. Sure, they still would have been a bad team but perhaps nowhere near historically bad as they’ve been.

Comments after last night's game:

I really like Baldwin and Lee.  They can only get better next year.

Grady Sizemore with his curly mullet might turn out to be the permanent solution.

Gavin Sheets should play more 1st base and Vaughn should be traded in the off season.

The Lenyn Sosa experiment should end now.

Nicky Lopez looks energized playing shortstop and has played surprisingly well.

1 minute ago, MikeKreevich said:

Grady Sizemore with his curly mullet might turn out to be the permanent solution.

Gavin Sheets should play more 1st base and Vaughn should be traded in the off season.

I don't think either of them are around next year. 

5 minutes ago, MikeKreevich said:

Like everyone else, Lopez got off to a terrible start offensively. He's playing much better in second half. What will Getz do with him in off season?

24 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Like everyone else, Lopez got off to a terrible start offensively. He's playing much better in second half. What will Getz do with him in off season?

We have many bigger problems to fix.  Ideally, Lopez will be the utility infielder, but he doesn't bother me like so many here.

52 minutes ago, MikeKreevich said:

He didn't though. His range wasn't great and I recall 3 or 4 balls being "just" out of his range

1 hour ago, MikeKreevich said:

Sheets has a HUGE history of subpar DH performance unless 100% platooned and never allowed into RF.

He is what he is…but Vaughn is now the best hitter. Tallest midget award.

Edited by caulfield12

27 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Sheets has a HUGE history of subpar DH performance unless 100% platooned and never allowed into RF.

He is what he is…but Vaughn is now the best hitter. Tallest midget award.

Gavin Sheets should be DFAd.  He quite literally does nothing well, honestly, not even anything average.