AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

22 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

1-3 = 40-120

I know the comebacks the comebacks the heart the indomitable spirit, better postgame interviews that daresay inspire.

1-2. If you're gonna trash him at least be honest.

Also 39 hits in 3 games.

7 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yep, I thought the same after his postgame interview after the almost comeback against the Cubs on Friday.  Gotta respect him potentially eating the worst record in history record just for an opportunity to get his foot in the door and manage a big league club.

I think Grady is going to end up being a fan favorite.  He's already shown more energy and enthusiasm than Pedro ever did.  I don't think anyone expects the Sox to turn their season around and start winning many more games, but it seems to me they're playing with more purpose now.  I have no doubt Pedro was part of the problem.  As someone else mentioned, he made a bad team worse.  Grady will probably make a bad team...less bad.

If the Sox do end up playing better and win more games, there will be those who think he'll deserve the job full time.  Getz said they're going to go outside the organization and look for someone with managing experience, so I don't imagine he will get the job.  But maybe this will allow him to get his foot in the door and end up as a bench coach somewhere next season.

1 hour ago, PaleAleSox said:

I truly think that. I think it's a bad team that Pedro Grifol made far worse. 

I think we have to see the record after the season ends.  It would be great if the team has a solid couple of months to finish off the year. 

4 hours ago, PaleAleSox said:

I truly think that. I think it's a bad team that Pedro Grifol made far worse. 

I think just the dead cat bounce you get from a new voice in the clubhouse is probably worth 2-3 wins. Not sure much more than that but it would have been nice to find out sooner. I went back and forth on any utility in firing him this year but once they went on the historical losing streak it was clearly time.

I don’t think this team is much better just because of Sizemore over Grifol.  The players may not be as depressed as they were playing for Grifol but it’s still a talent issue.  Just look at how putrid the lineup and pitching staff are.  Sizemore can’t work miracles.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I don’t think this team is much better just because of Sizemore over Grifol.  The players may not be as depressed as they were playing for Grifol but it’s still a talent issue.  Just look at how putrid the lineup and pitching staff are.  Sizemore can’t work miracles.

It's stil a terrible team, but without king of all losers at the helm, it's a much better product. 

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I just think this team and club in general need a manager that's not just meh/blah.... they can be fiery a-holes like Ozzie and I know eventually they wear out their welcome but the bump on the log Robin/Manuel/Grifol-sorta types just don't work with the franchise. They play better historically with a Chip-on-the shoulder type of vibe, second team in the second city...etc. Will Grady be the answer? probably not (even if they truly don't consider him for next year) but to me they need to take this into consideration when searching for the next manager.

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Sure it's still a talent issue, but it was a talent issue WITH guys just going through the motions and lifeless. Made it far worse than it needed to be.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Sure it's still a talent issue, but it was a talent issue WITH guys just going through the motions and lifeless. Made it far worse than it needed to be.

I think the one time you can say that sort of thing really matters in baseball is when a team has been on a death march and simply not seeing the leader of that march in the office in the morning when you come into work will spark more effort and loose play.

The club has played better since Pedro was fired and although I doubt it will last maybe it will be enough to avoid the all time modern record for losses and RD.