NYY vs Grady’s Boys

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

Grady benching Robert again to keep the streak going? :)

Maybe accountability to show that you need to actually try to succeed in order to stay in the lineup?

Is there a path where Grady is considered for manager beyond this season?

He’s in his 40s.  Learned to play from the old guard but isn’t the old guard.  

If the players like him and play hard then all my boxes are checked.  

I’m interested in Sox baseball again, just a tiny bit, so maybe there’s something to this. 

56 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

I’m interested in Sox baseball again, just a tiny bit, so maybe there’s something to this. 

I think if they win at a more "regular" (not over .500 or anything) clip and play with some actual passion and aggressiveness maybe they'd keep him around. I know Getz said what they are looking for, but I guess that could always change. 

59 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Hey man let’s just keep hiring the unqualified cheap guys.  Maybe there is something to it, as it has worked so well for us up til now 

• Like 2
  • TLR 1

1 hour ago, JoeC said:

Maybe accountability to show that you need to actually try to succeed in order to stay in the lineup?

Maybe Grady has a little Billy Martin in him.  I like!!!

9 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Hey man let’s just keep hiring the unqualified cheap guys.  Maybe there is something to it, as it has worked so well for us up til now 

Totally fair.  

What are the chances we actually get a qualified expensive guy though?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

The only thing he has going for him is that he's not a Sox lifer. I'm not against him as a caretaker for next year but we need to do a real search. Not that I have any hope of one.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

And even more so, when do we quit hiring unqualified guys and then not allowing them to run things they need to do so to succeed.

• Like 1

Hey we've tried extremely qualified and unqualified and tbh not sure it makes a difference. I'll take playing experience, grady seems happy and nice. 

I'm not sure getting some manager from an org that has a real front office will help. I'm extremely concerned now that our opening will attract lazy grifters that see a sweet gig where you don't have to do anything except kiss ass and get to wear a uniform for 7 months and then a sweet vacay. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Totally fair.  

What are the chances we actually get a qualified expensive guy though?

I’m not really counting on it but I’m not gonna accept this as a good fall back

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

What available qualified guy would you like that is out there? Francona? 

1 hour ago, PaleAleSox said:

What available qualified guy would you like that is out there? Francona? 

I will be happy if they don’t settle for the first guy they picked who just happened to be a guy in the minors in his first full season doing anything like this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Hey we've tried extremely qualified and unqualified and tbh not sure it makes a difference. I'll take playing experience, grady seems happy and nice. 

I'm not sure getting some manager from an org that has a real front office will help. I'm extremely concerned now that our opening will attract lazy grifters that see a sweet gig where you don't have to do anything except kiss ass and get to wear a uniform for 7 months and then a sweet vacay. 

We had one of those and they just fired him.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Vargas rocking a wRC+ of 22 in a Sox uni. He fits right in.

The best trade asset that the Sox had that actually was moved at the deadline, and Getz grabs yet another bust to go along with the other ones in his lineup.  His bat actually got worse after coming here.  Surprise surprise.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Thanks 1
  • Paper Bag 1

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The best trade asset that the Sox had that actually was moved at the deadline, and Getz grabs yet another bust to go along with the other ones in his lineup.

We're 30 WAR away from being competitive. Give me loud tools guys in the minors over some 1 WAR scrub that is "MLB ready" every day of the week!

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

We're 30 WAR away from being competitive. Give me loud tools guys in the minors over some 1 WAR scrub that is "MLB ready" every day of the week!

Not sure we really have much of either at the high minors, but there are some guys it is piss or get off the pot time.