Jake Burger trade

1 hour ago, almagest said:

The Sox absolutely need hitting for the future. Not right now - what they need right now is for a giant tsunami to wash the other team into the ocean before every series starts.

I don't believe in Burger as a key part of the Sox when they finally start to get decent again. By that point he'll be early 30s and guys with his profile are often in severe decline.

A solid hitting prospect would definitely have been a better return for Burger, but I doubt the Sox were getting that, unless they went super young, and that's not a KW trade.

And what current hitters on the major and minor league rosters do you believe in,  exactly? 

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

And what current hitters on the major and minor league rosters do you believe in,  exactly? 

I want to see what Baldwin, Lee, Fletcher and Vargas do next year. Robert should be better next year, because he’s not getting traded with his terrible 2024.

No sure things in the minors, unfortunately, but there’s a bunch of guys in the top 30 that are interesting and worth following. I’m also an Elko fan and wouldn’t mind seeing him replace Vaughn next year.

Edited by almagest

8 minutes ago, almagest said:

I want to see what Baldwin, Lee, Fletcher and Vargas do next year. Robert should be better next year, because he’s not getting traded with his terrible 2024.

No sure things in the minors, unfortunately, but there’s a bunch of guys in the top 30 that are interesting and worth following. I’m also an Elko fan and wouldn’t mind seeing him replace Vaughn next year.

None of those guys are really projected to move the meter, though.

At best, Elko has a Palka-like impact.

Vaughn Sheets and Robert are your three best hitters…Benintendi the hottest, and 4/4 of those guys most don’t even want on the roster.

Eventually Quero has to be thrown into the mix.