Finally some good news…second consecutive year, Sox win Bobby Murcer award, MLB’s most generous/charitable

“It’s such a part of the DNA of being a member of the White Sox organization, and really, it wasn’t a heavy lift at all,” said

Christine O’Reilly-Riordan, the White Sox vice president of community relations and a B.A.T. board member.

I always remembered Christine O’Reilly as the White Sox charities director that Hawk would interview and ogle over during broadcasts back in the day.  Is she somehow related to Score goon Shane Riordan?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I always remembered Christine O’Reilly as the White Sox charities director that Hawk would interview and ogle over during broadcasts back in the day.  Is she somehow related to Score goon Shane Riordan?

https://www.leadersmag.com/issues/2017.2_Apr/Making a Difference/LEADERS-Christine-OReilly-Riordan-Chicago-White-Sox-Charities.html

https://pressbox.athletics.com/Publications/MLB Media Guides/2022 Chicago White Sox Media Guide.pdf

Got stuck downloading.

Husband Greg, live in Downer’s Grove, daughter Hayley, etc.

Edited by caulfield12

20 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Lipman, lol?  Probably something to this, actually, in terms of writing off donations/in kind gifts of equipment to Sox/Bulls, ACE or Jackie Robinson, etc.

I don't know what the tax laws are in this case, sorry.

To his credit JR has always been very good about donating to good causes, Billy Pierce told me about all the money he donated to help Chicago Cancer Charities for example.

It's unfortunate that he doesn't seem to care as much about the product he puts on the field.  

• Like 1

On 8/14/2024 at 12:23 PM, southsider2k5 said:

Let's not pretend that almost all ultrarich giving is done for exactly that reason, and yet they were still rated that high.

Cynicism is a good thing and I’m a frequent user myself but if you donate $100 to a charity and your tax rate is 25% you save $25 in taxes and you’re still out the $75 difference. 

• Like 1