August 14 Game Thread, White Sox vs Yankees

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

How they kept him over like 3 or 4 of these guys is more proof about how bad of an evaluator Getz is

I like how he traded a prospect for Bailey Horn and had to ultimately dump Horn for cash, but meanwhile he got stuck with Leone all season.  Terrible evaluator and terrible at roster management.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

I like how he traded a prospect for Bailey Horn and had to ultimately dump Horn for cash, but meanwhile he got stuck with Leone all season.  Terrible evaluator and terrible at roster management.

Cousins showed better stuff last inning than everyone in the pen this year besides Kopech.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Been meaning to ask you your thoughts on Vargas?  

He's getting himself out too much by missing way too many hittable pitches.  I don't know if it's a timing thing or a bad approach but an adjustment needs to be made.  He is a better defender than I was led to believe.    

1 hour ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Whether we end up 2-3 or 1-4 after tonight since Grady took over, you have to admit this team looks way better. 

I retract this statement and apologize for any harm it has caused. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He's getting himself out too much by missing way too many hittable pitches.  I don't know if it's a timing thing or a bad approach but an adjustment needs to be made.  He is a better defender than I was led to believe.    

His glove does look better than advertised but he now has the below career line in 463 plate appearances.

.190 / .287 / .346 / .633

4 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Beckham was saying he’s starting his leg kick too late.

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

His glove does look better than advertised but he now has the below career line in 463 plate appearances.

.190 / .287 / .346 / .633

There’s just nothing in his statcast metrics that make it look like he’s going to be a force at the plate.