Boyer: 2025 Ticket Prices down 10% on average, Schriffen and Stone expected back

Heads22

16 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Not sure why personal respect would play into it,  but Some of those tickets are family tickets that generations have used.  No shame in that.  These people want those tickets past the reinsdorf era

Yeah, I can't shame anyone holding on because of the history they might have.  You give those up, you might never get your seats back, it might be a long family tradition, etc.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

“If you listen to the broadcast, they’re really good. . . . John does a good job of bringing Steve in and out and letting him be what he is, which is an amazing analyst.”--Brooks Boyer 

At least make the lie believable FFS...

• Love 1

That's a start. Finally a gesture for the fans. I've always wondered why a team this bad wouldn't simply have a deal buy tickets for two games, get one game free for a total of 3 games.

There's no reason a team this bad doesn't have a deal like that. Or buy tickets for two games in April and the first two weeks of May and get two games free during the summer. Free should not be a four letter word to these money grubbing lousy franchises. ... Also have some more food deals.

And have buy tickets for two games, parking is free for a third game you buy.

Edited by greg775

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

That's a start. Finally a gesture for the fans. I've always wondered why a team this bad wouldn't simply have a deal buy tickets for two games, get one game free for a total of 3 games.

There's no reason a team this bad doesn't have a deal like that. Or buy tickets for two games in April and the first two weeks of May and get two games free during the summer. Free should not be a four letter word to these money grubbing lousy franchises. ... Also have some more food deals.

And have buy tickets for two games, parking is free for a third game you buy.

A belated and lame gesture maybe…

Many Sox fans wouldn’t go to see this team if tickets were free.  The team is absolute dung and you would still have to commute, pay for parking (if you drive), pay for overpriced concessions, and watch a terrible team likely lose.

No thanks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

Its a great thing to lower the prices. After all,  you can't beat fun at the old ballpark!!!!

Not when your team is a laughingstock and the organization is incompetent, dysfunctional and inept.

No thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

John has been awful as lead announcer, terrible hire. Boyer piss poor at his job!

Boyer chased a better announcer out the door, likely at the direction of Reinsdorf because JR knew that Benetti was going to become more and more expensive with his national exposure.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

At least one could argue that Hawk was getting too old.  Benetti is in his prime at 40.

But yeah, old ass Hawk was still better than Schriffen.

Throw a dart, you’ll likely find better…

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He flat out said that Boyer "retired" him.

Yeah, I remember that now.  But outside of his forced retirement, one could argue that Hawk was losing it a bit.  Although, old not-as-good Hawk is still light years better than Schriffen.

37 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Boyer chased a better announcer out the door, likely at the direction of Reinsdorf because JR knew that Benetti was going to become more and more expensive with his national exposure.

I don't know if salary had a lot to do with it. JR in particular, I was told, simply didn't care for Jason's "style" for wont of a better word. The social references, pop culture comments, kidding around with Stone and the analytic end. JR wants more of an "straight" broadcast. Just tell me the facts and broadcast the game.

But if nothing else the well was poisoned after this happened. This is what I was told for a story in November 2022:

“Jason Benetti’s deal with the Sox is up, the Sox hold the option for the 2023 and 2024 seasons. He went to Fox to negotiate that deal with them after he was told to do it and then come back to the Sox and they’d work something out. Jason wanted to get the deal done with the Sox first and then go to Fox or ESPN or whoever. Turns out when he came back to the Sox and said that he needs 40 days off so he can do the Fox work he was told, ‘no, that’s not happening.’ So I don’t know what’s going to happen to him or Steve Stone.”  

There didn't seem to be any going back after this. 

• Paper Bag 1

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I don't know if salary had a lot to do with it. JR in particular, I was told, simply didn't care for Jason's "style" for wont of a better word. The social references, pop culture comments, kidding around with Stone and the analytic end. JR wants more of an "straight" broadcast. Just tell me the facts and broadcast the game.

But if nothing else the well was poisoned after this happened. This is what I was told for a story in November 2022:

“Jason Benetti’s deal with the Sox is up, the Sox hold the option for the 2023 and 2024 seasons. He went to Fox to negotiate that deal with them after he was told to do it and then come back to the Sox and they’d work something out. Jason wanted to get the deal done with the Sox first and then go to Fox or ESPN or whoever. Turns out when he came back to the Sox and said that he needs 40 days off so he can do the Fox work he was told, ‘no, that’s not happening.’ So I don’t know what’s going to happen to him or Steve Stone.”  

There didn't seem to be any going back after this. 

So Jerry likes broadcaster that use embarrassingly cheesy catch phrases instead?  Sounds about right.  He also likes mediocre players like Eckstein over Harper, Machado, and Ohtani, but something tells me that’s all salary-related.  ?

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

So Jerry likes broadcaster that use embarrassingly cheesy catch phrases instead?  Sounds about right.  He also likes mediocre players like Eckstein over Harper, Machado, and Ohtani, but something tells me that’s all salary-related.  ?

Almost had Wheeler’s wife if they’d promoted more Magnificent Mile shopping opportunities.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Almost had Wheeler’s wife if they’d promoted more Magnificent Mile shopping opportunities.

God forbid the Sox have another player’s hot wife to throw on TV during their broadcasts that might be doing something positive like Liam Hendrik’s wife with their charity work.  The Sox are so stupid…

3a81f-17095675502581-1920.jpg?w=640

6 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

A belated and lame gesture maybe…

Many Sox fans wouldn’t go to see this team if tickets were free.  The team is absolute dung and you would still have to commute, pay for parking (if you drive), pay for overpriced concessions, and watch a terrible team likely lose.

No thanks.

That is kind of an interesting topic. Would fans go if the tickets the rest of the season starting now were free? I would say yes some would go only if the parking also was free. 20 bills or whatever they are charging is a good whack to the wallet these days. Considering you probably can get in the park cheap right now off the secondary market collapsing regarding the Sox I'd say you'd also need free parking to agree to go to a game.

Edited by greg775

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

That is kind of an interesting topic. Would fans go if the tickets the rest of the season starting now were free? I would say yes some would go only if the parking also was free. 20 bills or whatever they are charging is a good whack to the wallet these days. Considering you probably can get in the park cheap right now off the secondary market collapsing regarding the Sox I'd say you'd also need free parking to agree to go to a game.

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

Befor Kane and Toews, the Blackhawks used to give away tickets for free the last month of the season. It was still pretty empty,