Boyer: 2025 Ticket Prices down 10% on average, Schriffen and Stone expected back

Heads22

13 hours ago, greg775 said:

That is kind of an interesting topic. Would fans go if the tickets the rest of the season starting now were free? I would say yes some would go only if the parking also was free. 20 bills or whatever they are charging is a good whack to the wallet these days. Considering you probably can get in the park cheap right now off the secondary market collapsing regarding the Sox I'd say you'd also need free parking to agree to go to a game.

Didn’t they give tickets away for like $1 toward the end of last year?

On 8/16/2024 at 12:20 PM, JoeC said:

Didn’t they give tickets away for like $1 toward the end of last year?

The Monday night dbacks game had to be moved to a Thursday due to a hurricane impacting NYY/AZ series in New York. 
Sox made it $1 tickets and free parking as an impromptu fan appreciation day. 

my season tix in the uppers became free seats in the premium lower level and I got an account credit for the original game. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

10%? LMAO. You couldn't fucking pay me to attend a Sox game at this point. My starting price is $500. That would cover the food/alcohol I would have to consume to forget about how pathetic this organization is.

I bet  payroll will be down more than 10%.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm less worried about the 2025 MLB payroll and more worried about:
1. Analytics budget
2. Player development budget

...not that we'd really get to see that, but the MLB goals for 2025 should be:
1. If lower-ceiling players (the Sosas of the world) are close to ready, give them playing time and development opportunities at the MLB level.
2. Fill the other positions with intelligent flippable-reclamation-project signings. Guys like Flexen, etc., who can come cheap, but this time, focus on players that the analytics and player development staff identify as "we can fix that" guys. If they aren't working out, dump 'em early and move onto the next guy. If they somehow work out, flip 'em for AA / AAA prospects.

2025 will be painful regardless at the MLB level, so you might as well focus on building up assets to have some hope of a core to emerge in 2026.

So, in summary, we're all doomed.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JoeC said:

I'm less worried about the 2025 MLB payroll and more worried about:
1. Analytics budget
2. Player development budget

...not that we'd really get to see that, but the MLB goals for 2025 should be:
1. If lower-ceiling players (the Sosas of the world) are close to ready, give them playing time and development opportunities at the MLB level.
2. Fill the other positions with intelligent flippable-reclamation-project signings. Guys like Flexen, etc., who can come cheap, but this time, focus on players that the analytics and player development staff identify as "we can fix that" guys. If they aren't working out, dump 'em early and move onto the next guy. If they somehow work out, flip 'em for AA / AAA prospects.

2025 will be painful regardless at the MLB level, so you might as well focus on building up assets to have some hope of a core to emerge in 2026.

So, in summary, we're all doomed.

Problem with the low payroll is it makes Benintendi someone they feel they have to trade, which obviously will lessen the Crochet return.

In typical Sox fashion, they get the math backwards.  People would likely pay an additional 10% to go to the park and not listen to Schiffren!!

Pay less to NOT listen to the broadcast is like a double win! 

For me it's not really the money, it's the time investment. Between driving to the park, back home and the game itself its 4 or 5 hours to watch non competitive boring baseball. Lower ticket prices don't fix that. There are usually 9 or 10 games on MLB TV that are more interesting without the time commitment.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2024 at 7:54 PM, southsider2k5 said:

Stone hasn't been a good partner in a long time as an announcer.  He's short, he's combative,  and if he doesn't feel like it, he refuses to do his job and fill time.  Gordon Beckham has been a way better partner as he is willing to fill the air when John asks questions,  and tell stories when the situation dictates.

he blocked me on Twitter 

21 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Southpaw has followed me for about 8-9 years. through thick and thin. Stoney just couldn't tolerate me, even when being just mildly ornery 

Stone Pony is now just another loyal peon of Jerry’s.  Long gone are the days of The Legend questioning the team as he did with the Cubs in 2004.  He is milking this gig into retirement, not that he even needs the money, but probably because he is bored.  I believe he is still divorced and his main companions are his dogs.

Edited by WhiteSox2023