Alphabet boy to San Fran

southsider2k5

I know Mauer is supposed to be the next A) Johnny Bench; B) Carlton Fisk and C) Thurman Munson, but I'm glad the Twins did this.

I know this is off topic, but WHY does the capital letter B turn into that sunglasses smiley??

What the HELL does B have to do with sunglasses and/or the "coolness" associated with sunglasses???

Every time somebody wants to do an A/B/C comparison on something, it looks like this:

A) it sucks

B) it sucks, and

C) it sucks

Whussupwitdat???

Well I guess this confirms that Joe Mauer will be up with da big leagues next year. Hopefully da Sox can giv him a rookie poundin that he'll neva forget. :lol: . This moves clears payroll and now da Twinkies will prob be able to resign one of Guardado or Stewart, my guess it's Stewart.

Well I guess this confirms that Joe Mauer will be up with da big leagues next year. Hopefully da Sox can giv him a rookie poundin that he'll neva forget.  :lol: . This moves clears payroll and now da Twinkies will prob be able to resign one of Guardado or Stewart, my guess it's Stewart.

No it doesn't. Ever heard of Matt LeCroy? Hit something like .300 15 50 or so this year? Not sure what the exact numbers are, but he had some damn good numbers in limited games. He's not a great defensive catcher by any means, and does not have a good arm behind the plate. He gets the job done though. And he's got 30-40 homer potential and could be a damn good hitter.

Sign a backup for him that can actually play some defense and throw a few guys out(ala Mark Johnson), and you have yourself a decent catching duo.

If that is the case, and I don't see why it WOULDN'T be(because Mauer was only like in high A ball or AA ball this year....way too early to bring him up IMO), the Sox should use that to their advantage. Just get all kinds of fast people that can get on base on a regular basis(sign Luis Castillo, however much it costs us, use Harris in CF, make the Konerko/Lee and Valentin trade for Perez and Izturis, have Olivo become more active on the bases), have two at the top and two at the bottom of the lineup, and have them, when they get on base against the Twins, run, run, and run somemore. With LeCroy's weak arm, we expose this, and manufacture all kinds of runs. If we are safe 75% or more at 2nd, we win. We get into their pitcher's head, he starts losing focus on the hitter, makes one mistake....2-run homer.

If they go with Mauer(which again, could be and probably would be very dumb), this may not occur as easily. I believe Mauer has a little better arm then LeCroy.

In essence, I'm saying that the Sox should get faster and should steal the s*** out of the bases this year.

No it doesn't.  Ever heard of Matt LeCroy?  Hit something like .300 15 50 or so this year?  Not sure what the exact numbers are, but he had some damn good numbers in limited games.  He's not a great defensive catcher by any means, and does not have a good arm behind the plate.  He gets the job done though.  And he's got 30-40 homer potential and could be a damn good hitter. 

Sign a backup for him that can actually play some defense and throw a few guys out(ala Mark Johnson), and you have yourself a decent catching duo. 

If that is the case, and I don't see why it WOULDN'T be(because Mauer was only like in high A ball or AA ball this year....way too early to bring him up IMO), the Sox should use that to their advantage.  Just get all kinds of fast people that can get on base on a regular basis(sign Luis Castillo, however much it costs us, use Harris in CF, make the Konerko/Lee and Valentin trade for Perez and Izturis, have Olivo become more active on the bases), have two at the top and two at the bottom of the lineup, and have them, when they get on base against the Twins, run, run, and run somemore.  With LeCroy's weak arm, we expose this, and manufacture all kinds of runs.  If we are safe 75% or more at 2nd, we win.  We get into their pitcher's head, he starts losing focus on the hitter, makes one mistake....2-run homer. 

If they go with Mauer(which again, could be and probably would be very dumb), this may not occur as easily.  I believe Mauer has a little better arm then LeCroy.

In essence, I'm saying that the Sox should get faster and should steal the s*** out of the bases this year.

LeCroy will probably be the DH again next year, he's a liability at Catcher think Mike Piazza behind da plate but he's not that bad. LeCroy may start the season at Catcher, but I think definitely by the end of 2004 Mauer will be the catcher.

I know this is off topic, but WHY does the capital letter B turn into that sunglasses smiley??

What the HELL does B have to do with sunglasses and/or the "coolness" associated with sunglasses???

Every time somebody wants to do an A/B/C comparison on something, it looks like this:

A) it sucks

B) it sucks, and

C) it sucks

Whussupwitdat???

What does a semi-colon have to do with a wink? It kinda sorta resembles it. Just like the B with a ) kinda resembles someone wearing shades. Therefore B plus ) = B)