LAD&PHI had "attractive" offers for Crochet

In addition to pure prospect deals, the White Sox also entertained offers in which they would have received lesser packages but gained salary relief. Outfielder Andrew Benintendi, owed the balance of his $16.5 million salary this season and a combined $47.5 million over the next three, is among those believed to be part of those discussions.

No s%*#, Ken.

• TLR 1

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Salary relief as a team already in line to have a bottom 5 payroll in the game. What an embarrassing organization this is

It’s exhibit 9,347,846 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Salary relief as a team already in line to have a bottom 5 payroll in the game. What an embarrassing organization this is

Yeah, this isn't the flex that some people believe it is, it's just a route to lengthening the rebuild. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Seems like they made the right decision to hold on to him. Imagine getting Ryan and then him going down 2 weeks later? Oof.

Him and Thorpe could have hung out a lot

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yeah, this isn't the flex that some people believe it is, it's just a route to lengthening the rebuild. 

Right. They’re not going to spend the saved money and lessening the return hurts them from gaining talent.

I don’t know, I feel like making a move where you’re attaching a salary like Benintendi’s is more likely to happen in the offseason.

This team just can't stay out of it's own way.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

I don't see anything respectable about those offers. If anything offering a sore armed pitcher is completely disrespectful and doing what many seasoned GMs will do to a rookie GM with an owner looking for more money.

As  I have said in previous posts they were treating Getz like a crack addict trying to pawn a Rolex. We know you're desperate ,take it or leave it.

This situation is completely on Reinsdorf. Any discussion about Getz' competency should always remember this. While he may indeed be incompetent it's quite literally impossible for him to get a fair shake from fans who only judge trades by who you got back for who you traded.

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I don't see anything respectable about those offers. If anything offering a sore armed pitcher is completely disrespectful and doing what many seasoned GMs will do to a rookie GM with an owner looking for more money.

As  I have said in previous posts they were treating Getz like a crack addict trying to pawn a Rolex. We know you're desperate ,take it or leave it.

This situation is completely on Reinsdorf. Any discussion about Getz' competency should always remember this. While he may indeed be incompetent it's quite literally impossible for him to get a fair shake from fans who only judge trades by who you got back for who you traded.

You can say that about any GM who has worked for the Sox under JR. There’s other GMs in the game who work with less and are more successful.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

18 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Taking lesser prospect packages on your last valuable trade chip because you are a penny pinching asshole will surely expedite this rebuild!

Yeah, if wasn't obvious then, it should be now.  Holding on to Crochet was 100% the right move.

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

and there are people who buy season tickets even after repeated slaps to the face

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Not exactly revenge for Ventura on Nolan Ryan to inflict White Sox purgatory on him…River Ryan is Nolan’s son Reid Ryan’s (Astros President) son.

Saw Reid pitch in the Sally League for Charleston.

No relation

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Seriously. Fuckoff Jerry.

Yep, and you know he will do the same again this offseason.  The farm system should be so much better than the mediocrity it’s been this year outside of a few players.

Where did you get respectable offers out of that? It mentions a couple prospects that were not offered, a prospect offer rejected due to injury, and that Benintendi was included in talks for salary relief in exchange for lesser offers

Edited by 46DidIt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

4 hours ago, Tony said:

It’s exhibit 9,347,846 

Yep, what a joke.  Getz already got back a lesser return for Fedde and Kopech and he was going to do the same thing with Crochet just to dump a salary that wouldn’t be a crutch for most teams.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

30 minutes ago, 46DidIt said:

Where did you get respectable offers out of that? It mentions a couple prospects that were not offered, a prospect offer rejected due to injury, and that Benintendi was included in talks for salary relief in exchange for lesser offers

The phrase was actually "attractive".

image.png

• southsider2k5 changed the title to LAD&PHI had "attractive" offers for Crochet

If you could guarantee me that attaching Beni with Crochet meant JR would market the team for sale within the next 18 months, I’d gladly accept that. Unfortunately it doesn’t work that way, and doing so would be so fucking stupid that I refuse to believe it’s actually under real consideration. 

• Thanks 1