8/16 Sox @ Asterisks 7:10 PM CT

• DoUEvenShift changed the title to 8/16 Sox @ Asterisks 7:10 PM CT

Predicting a Robert HR. I do wish he'd either close his stance a little  it or keep the same stance and move a bit closer to the plate. Where he stands now he swings at too many pitches off the plate inside and too many off the plate outside or can't drive the pitches outside. At least if moved closer the inside pitches off the plate would be too in on his hands to try and barrel up. Seems like he's either swinging and missing too much and either getting jammed , hitting off the end of the bat or swinging and missing way too many sliders and sweepers away.

Best hitters in the bigs usually crush breaking pitches hanging in the zone. Robert is having trouble identifying spin period unless it's hanging up in his eyes.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

Anybody else expecting Crochet to get hit hard again tonight. 

I think he has pretty much entered the Luis Robert I-couldn't-care-less phase of his season. And like Robert, he doesn't care who knows. 

I could be wrong, but . . .  doubt it. 

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

1-0 Sox on a botched DP by the Astros with bases loaded and 1 out.

Astros have a lot of guys hot and have played very well since releasing Abreu.

Astros have won 8 in a row. Bregman, Alvarez, Pena, and Diaz all very hot.

Crochet looking like he was right about the adjustment he had to make about why he was bombed in his last outing  . 4K's. 1 hit through 2. 26 pitches 18 for strikes.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside