Sox claim De Los Santos, IL Wilson, recall Varland

38 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

What a disaster.  Next time, take the extra prospect(s), Getz!

And I think he still has a few more years on his contract to suck for the White Sox. 

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

What a disaster.  Next time, take the extra prospect(s), Getz!

? Wow a disaster really ? Like tsunami disaster or what would you compare it to.

So they got a MLB relief pitcher who has been hurt a lot this year but has 3 more years to be as good if not better than he has in the past. But every chance a few of you get to rub the current state of affairs in everyone's face you do it.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 1

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

? Wow a disaster really ? Like tsunami disaster or what would you compare it to.

So they got a MLB relief pitcher who has been hurt a lot this year but has 3 more years to be as good if not better than he has in the past. But every chance a few of you get to rub the current state of affairs in everyone's face you do it.

Yep.  Getz is bad at his job.  The end.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yep.  Getz is bad at his job.  The end.

And you have tunnel vision. No broader perspective.

I just don't understand what you expected this year. This year was always going to be very bad. From early in January we could see what was going on.

If you were a fireman and I stuck you in the center of a raging forest fire of 1000 acres with just a shovel and you managed not to perish I guess I could say you were bad at your job.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • TLR 1

57 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And you have tunnel vision. No broader persceptive .

I just don't understand what you expected this year. This year was always going to be very bad. From early in January we could see what was going on.

If you were a fireman and I stuck you in the center of a raging forest fire of 1000 acres with just a shovel and you managed not to perish I guess I could say you were bad at your job.

You seem to want to ignore all of his bad acquisitions and trades.  Fletcher over McCarthy?  The relievers he got rid of are better than the ones he kept.  The trade deadline was a failure.  Vargas?  Just because the Sox were expected to be bad this season doesn’t mean we should absolve Getz of all of his bad moves.

Here’s how bad the lineup that Getz built is…

The Angels just DFA’ed and sent OF Willie Calhoun outright to Triple-A Salt Lake.  He would be one of the Sox best hitters.

254 PA

.245 AVG / .315 OBP / .380 SLG / .695 OPS

5 HR

20 RBI

23 BB

31 SO

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And you have tunnel vision. No broader perspective.

An apt comparison for the 2024 Chicago White Sox.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, 46DidIt said:

He doesn’t have a contract. Next year is his first arb year

I'll have to take your word for it, I thought he had three more years on his deal. But if you are correct then he's another DFA candidate in my view. 

3 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I'll have to take your word for it, I thought he had three more years on his deal. But if you are correct then he's another DFA candidate in my view. 

Wilson is arbitration eligible through the 2027 season.  However, he is only signed through this year at $752K.  The Sox could choose to non-tender him a contract after this season, which would make him a free agent, but that is unlikely.  Wilson is a free agent in 2028.

19 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Wilson is arbitration eligible through the 2027 season.  However, he is only signed through this year at $752K.  The Sox could choose to non-tender him a contract after this season, which would make him a free agent, but that is unlikely.  Wilson is a free agent in 2028.

Wilson isn't going to see too much of a raise in his first year.  Probably something $1.5 to 2 mil, tops.