White Sox MLBs 1st eliminated team

Memorial Day in newspapers across America.

Editor "It's really slow today what White Sox articles can we get a jump on without wasting our time?"

"Moncado gets injured?"

"Already finished, we've been using a template from the last five years." 

"Sox are first team to be eliminated?"

"Perfect. Time it for Labor Day. No team can be worst than that" lol

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Anyone’s guess when the Sox will be competitive again. 

That's just it. No one knows. Even if the team picks up some good young players, no one can guess on their progress. I don't understand how this organization can expect fans to be optimistic with the way things are.  I am not into constant rebuilding.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Highland said:

That's just it. No one knows. Even if the team picks up some good young players, no one can guess on their progress. I don't understand how this organization can expect fans to be optimistic with the way things are.  I am not into constant rebuilding.

Yep, I’m not optimistic at all unless our despicable owner has an epiphany and decides to open up his checkbook and brings premier free agents to the Southside. The trouble as Beckham and Schriffen said last night is who would want to come and play for the White Sox at this time and place.

Man, 30-95 and we're not out of August yet. That would be neat if we lost No. 100 before the end of the month. Sad though that baseball season no longer is something we can look forward to. That's the problem with those who embrace tanking and encourage this rebuilding crud. We have nothing to look forward to for years to come. The fact we can't even compete against KC, Minnie, Detroit, Cleveland is so laughable but nobody cares. We'll just go on our merry way rebuilding. There's no reason these Central teams can compete and we can't ever compete.

Edited by greg775

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Man, 30-95 and we're not out of August yet. That would be neat if we lost No. 100 before the end of the month. Sad though that baseball season no longer is something we can look forward to. That's the problem with those who embrace tanking and encourage this rebuilding crud. We have nothing to look forward to for years to come. The fact we can't even compete against KC, Minnie, Detroit, Cleveland is so laughable but nobody cares. We'll just go on our merry way rebuilding. There's no reason these Central teams can compete and we can't ever compete.

Greg: Respectfully I think it's time to stop with the act. Very few Sox fans that I know of "embrace tanking and encourage rebuilding."

Unless you are willing to buy the team when JR passes away and then invest another 300-400 hundred million on acquiring talent, there is nothing else that can be done to try to turn things around.

Period. End of story.

JR is NOT going to spend the money needed to compete, JR is NOT going to stop hiring people he knows and who'll kiss his ass and he is NOT going to invest a strong minor league system.

You know it, I know it and JR knows it. So please stop with this narrative. 

Under the circumstances as I and others have stated before, there  is NOITHING ELSE that can be done under the limitations from ownership to try to compete but acquire as much young, cheap talent as possible and hope they work out.

That doesn't mean at all I and others, "embrace tanking and encourage rebuilding" but the reality is there is simply NOTHING ELSE that can be done under the existing circumstances. 

Nothing.

You ask why can't the Sox compete in a division they should be dominating based on market size, population et al?

You know the answer to that question. 

• Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Greg: Respectfully I think it's time to stop with the act. Very few Sox fans that I know of "embrace tanking and encourage rebuilding."

Unless you are willing to buy the team when JR passes away and then invest another 300-400 hundred million on acquiring talent, there is nothing else that can be done to try to turn things around.

Period. End of story.

JR is NOT going to spend the money needed to compete, JR is NOT going to stop hiring people he knows and who'll kiss his ass and he is NOT going to invest a strong minor league system.

You know it, I know it and JR knows it. So please stop with this narrative. 

Under the circumstances as I and others have stated before, there  is NOITHING ELSE that can be done under the limitations from ownership to try to compete but acquire as much young, cheap talent as possible and hope they work out.

That doesn't mean at all I and others, "embrace tanking and encourage rebuilding" but the reality is there is simply NOTHING ELSE that can be done under the existing circumstances. 

Nothing.

You ask why can't the Sox compete in a division they should be dominating based on market size, population et al?

You know the answer to that question. 

He will never quit the act. 

7 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Yep, I’m not optimistic at all unless our despicable owner has an epiphany and decides to open up his checkbook and brings premier free agents to the Southside. The trouble as Beckham and Schriffen said last night is who would want to come and play for the White Sox at this time and place.

That sounds like they were given the directive to preemptively cushion the blow of what will be yet another dumpster diving offseason.

9 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

That sounds like they were given the directive to preemptively cushion the blow of what will be yet another dumpster diving offseason.

DVS of the Sun-Times already wrote a few days ago that is the plan, payroll will be cut yet again. 

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Lip, a lot of fans on here and many who have probably lost interest in the team and left, get energized by trades and rebuilding talk. Can you imagine if they didn't change the draft rules how many people would embrace the tank? Tanking/rebuilding just drains me of all energy. Get a real GM like Dombroski in here and a real manager like Leyland and with the benefits of playing in Chicago we'd have won multi titles without tanking! I'm just trying to point out in this division it is utterly incomprehensible the Sox can't compete with the small market teams in our division. It's just insanity.

Edited by greg775