Sox Quote of the Day 8/18...

Lip Man 1

Is this a veiled shot at Pedro?:

“We didn’t play good baseball. Not at all, and I don’t believe in the ‘flush it’ thing. You use that as a competitive edge.”--New coach Doug Sisson (talking about all the mistakes made by the Sox in their loss Saturday night)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

“We didn’t play good baseball. Not at all, and I don’t believe in the ‘flush it’ thing. You use that as a competitive edge.”--New coach Doug Sisson (talking about all the mistakes made by the Sox in their loss Saturday night)

Pretty much.  That has been his specific go-to quote all season long...shot across the bow.

39 minutes ago, hi8is said:

When did Pedro say “just flush it”? Sounds like it’s begging for a Nike slogan parody. ?

“Just do your job, just flush it, short-term memory, come back out and do it again. Keep the faith. I was able to stay [on an] even keel and not get too down or too up.”

https://www.mlb.com/news/pedro-grifol-reflects-on-start-to-2024-white-sox-season

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Of course it is. 

On 8/18/2024 at 11:51 PM, caulfield12 said:

“Just do your job, just flush it, short-term memory, come back out and do it again. Keep the faith. I was able to stay [on an] even keel and not get too down or too up.”

https://www.mlb.com/news/pedro-grifol-reflects-on-start-to-2024-white-sox-season

That’s such an awful approach to just about anything other than taking a literal s%*#. What a clown… I have zero doubt everyone in that dugout had no respect for him.