8/20 Game Thread: White Sox vs. Giants - 8:45 CT;

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I was too busy averaging all the numbers of the opening line-up on a calculator, lol.

Just have GameDay right now.  Not even audio.

0.6265555 is the average OPS of the starting line-up tonight, to be exact.

I was doing the same for a few days. Avg, OBP, OBS, etc. etc. and I just got depressed and stopped even looking. 

You got a TI-83+ or what you using for ur calculations? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

I was doing the same for a few days. Avg, OBP, OBS, etc. etc. and I just got depressed and stopped even looking. 

You got a TI-83+ or what you using for ur calculations? 

No Texas Instruments, although my uncle worked there for quite some time as an engineer, lol.

Well, that's likely the premature death of this game.  WELP.

Edited by caulfield12

Now we just need some Offense.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

20 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

It’s like our star trade deadline acquisition from GM Getz, is writing the ineptitude journal for me, play by play.

How sad is it that Getz basically negated his one really good offseason acquisition?  He literally got trash back for a 4+ WAR starter on a cheap contract.

Somehow we went from a bad GM to an even worse one.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The Dodgers and Cardinals are probably still laughing at Getz about that trade.

Still can’t believe they’ve traded Cease, Burger, Fedde and Bummer and have so little to show for it.  That will set the rebuild back quite a bit.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fathom said:

Still can’t believe they’ve traded Cease, Burger, Fedde and Bummer and have so little to show for it.  That will set the rebuild back quite a bit.

I’m all for trading older expensive guys for prospects but in this case, the Sox would be better off if they had all of those guys back.  A monkey could get a better return for all of them next offseason.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

Hasn’t had back to back games with multiple hits all season. 

And yet he still wasn't the dumbest Park of that trade.

Preller getting Getz to take back Wilson instead of prospects was a pure fleece.