8/20 Game Thread: White Sox vs. Giants - 8:45 CT;

4 hours ago, fathom said:

We have no idea what was being offered for our guys. Vargas was someone, like Jordan Walker, they seemingly targeted over prospects.

Pretty doubtful anyone offered top 100 guys or even if they did the rest of the offer fell short.

We've heard the Dodgers wouldn't even offer Rushing for Crochet.

During the recent draft I was really torn between wanting Cags but thinking they might take Smith.

I posted that the Sox might not get any true high level prospect offers except for perhaps pitchers, catchers and 1st base types. This line of thought held true when the rest of the contenders decided to follow Baltimore's lead and cling to their best prospects.

I think they passed on Cags thinking they could get a left handed power 1st base bat in trades for Robert and Crochet if it came to that . But prioritizing 1st base in the draft probably wasn't their goal especially knowing Bannister may be the best hire they've had in years. Turns out no one offered enough to snag Robert or Crochet and the Fedde, Kopech ,Pham trade was just asinine . 3 guys who instantly got put in important roles for the Dodgers and Cards plus Edman now playing CF for the Dodgers equals both teams getting 2 MLB pieces  each with  Fedde, Kopech and Edman each having an extra year of control and somehow the Cards gave the Sox nothing.