Reinsdorf keeps "failing" the White Sox...

Lip Man 1

I agree with Sox 72, a great article and pretty scathing and because it will be read nationally, maybe Reinsdorf and his family will embarrassed enough to sell to someone who would bring winning baseball to the Southside.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

4 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I agree with Sox 72, a great article and pretty scathing and maybe Reinsdorf and his family will embarrassed enough to sell to someone who would bring winning baseball to the Southside.

I'd say the chances of this happening are about the same as the Yankees bringing in Hahn and Pedro this winter.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I agree with Sox 72, a great article and pretty scathing and because it will be read nationally, maybe Reinsdorf and his family will embarrassed enough to sell to someone who would bring winning baseball to the Southside.

Jerry wont sell because of taxes. He is waiting to die so it passes to his family

Edited by reiks12

16 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I don’t think anyone dismisses that Jerry is the larger problem for the Sox. Jerry being a terrible owner with restrictions and front office personnel sucking at their job can both be true.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

I don’t think anyone dismisses that Jerry is the larger problem for the Sox. Jerry being a terrible owner with restrictions and front office personnel sucking at their can both be true.

I think hiring the wrong people, then stepping in and overruling the people he hires (like the TLR hiring) are a pretty big cause for there being a bad front office.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You act like I don’t know this.  You also seem to think that no GM under JR can have any success.  Then how did 2005 happen?  A GM under JR can also be terrible (see Chris Getz).

The only thing that will fix this franchise is when that guy is listed in an obit in the local papers just like Dollar Bill Wirtz.   IMHO He is a horrible owner.  The only thing going for me is that he isnt immortal.  Eventually father time will clean up this mess and hopefully the next owner isnt this guy.  

Edited by southsideirish71
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I don’t think anyone dismisses that Jerry is the larger problem for the Sox. Jerry being a terrible owner with restrictions and front office personnel sucking at their job can both be true.

I never said both can't be true but replacing Getz with someone else equally not suited for the job doesn't accomplish anything . And you know that's what would happen.

3 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You act like I don’t know this.  You also seem to think that no GM under JR can have any success.  Then how did 2005 happen?  A GM under JR can also be terrible (see Chris Getz).

It is not 2005 any more. 2005 only reinforced JRs thinking that some moves that turned into gold is possible when in reality it couldn't be sustained even the very next year.

Just now, Stinky Stanky said:

Hardly great journalism, but all true of course. A rehash of what every poster here already knew, plus a bit of old fashioned knife twisting. Who’s the author, one of the CBS locals?

Nope, Dayn Perry is the national baseball reporter for CBS Sports.

And I got an e-mail from a long time front office employee who said the story brought out some points that even they did not know about, they didn't elaborate. 

28 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Hardly great journalism, but all true of course. A rehash of what every poster here already knew, plus a bit of old fashioned knife twisting. Who’s the author, one of the CBS locals?

No local reporter would ever write this.  Ever.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Nope, Dayn Perry is the national baseball reporter for CBS Sports.

And I got an e-mail from a long time front office employee who said the story brought out some points that even they did not know about, they didn't elaborate. 

So it would be news to a national audience. OK, understandable. Around here, SOS. He lives here per Wikipedia. 

Edited by Stinky Stanky

It's 'funny' to think that when Reinsdorf/Einhorn bought the team there was much consternation and criticism of what they'd do to the franchise. 'Funny' that at the end of the JR tenure is when it finally showed its ugly head that people were right. Sox had been good enough years and mediocre enough years to go with 2005 for people to be moderately happy. Only the double tank years have shown JR's true side. Lousy owner who won't sell. Sad.

Reindorf deserves to get called out but for all you younger Sox fans you might not know about Einhorn's disaster. Eddie Einhorn takes it upon himself without GM Roland Hemond's involvement in tossing Doug Drabek in as a player to be named later in a 1986 trade with the Yankees. Hemond was stunned with the absolute stupidity by Eddie but had to keep his mouth shut.

Drabek won the Cy Young in 1990 with the Pirates and was a stud from the late 1980's through the mid 1990's. The 1990 White Sox won 94 games with a young up and coming team, adding Drabek to that team would have been special. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Lip has written articles about this in the past.

Edited by Falstaff
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

Reindorf deserves to get called out but for all you younger Sox fans you might not know about Einhorn's disaster. Eddie Einhorn takes it upon himself without GM Roland Hemond's involvement in tossing Doug Drabek in as a player to be named later in a 1986 trade with the Yankees. Hemond was stunned with the absolute stupidity by Eddie but had to keep his mouth shut.

Drabek won the Cy Young in 1990 with the Pirates and was a stud from the late 1980's through the mid 1990's. The 1990 White Sox won 94 games with a young up and coming team, adding Drabek to that team would have been special. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Lip has written articles about this in the past.

I’m certainly not gonna hold up Einhorn throwing in a a good player in a bad trade against Jerry Reinsdorfs entire tenure.  These are not remotely comparable

• Like 1

15 hours ago, southsideirish71 said:

The only thing that will fix this franchise is when that guy is listed in an obit in the local papers just like Dollar Bill Wirtz.   IMHO He is a horrible owner.  The only thing going for me is that he isnt immortal.  Eventually father time will clean up this mess and hopefully the next owner isnt this guy.  

If there's one thing I've learned in my Sox fandom, it's that I won't believe anything related to Reinsdorf until it finally happens.

• Thanks 1