Reinsdorf keeps "failing" the White Sox...

Lip Man 1

22 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Is there somewhere one can buy this? I regret not buying it at the time it was fresh.

Check ebay. The one I have is the 2005 World Series Collector's Edition. 7 DVDs.

Game 3 of the ALDS. Game 5 of the ALCS. Games 1,2, 3 & 4 of the World Series.

And a Bonus DVD

I also have a couple of Commemorative 5 pin sets. Ones a Limited Edition . # 1245 of 2005.

The other one is # 3394 of 5000 which I like more. The pins are bigger and more colorful.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Check ebay. The one I have is the 2005 World Series Collector's Edition. 7 DVDs.

Game 3 of the ALDS. Game 5 of the ALCS. Games 1,2, 3 & 4 of the World Series.

And a Bonus DVD

I also have a couple of Commemorative 5 pin sets. Ones a Limited Edition . # 1245 of 2005.

The other one is # 3394 of 5000 which I like more. The pins are bigger and more colorful.

I have both the big disc set you are describing, as well as the single disc recap.  Awesome stuff.

51uDfJazfwL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

91aXau2pFeL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Fire 1

"Chicago has a strong argument for having the two best left-handed pitching prospects in the minor leagues in Noah Schultz and Hagen Smith, two 21-year-olds with hellacious stuff from unusual arm slots who have dominated batters in recent years: Schultz in the minors since being Chicago’s first-round draft pick in 2022 out of an Illinois high school and Smith in the SEC at the University of Arkansas before he was selected fifth by the White Sox in this year’s draft. Should Chicago keep Crochet, it’s difficult to imagine a nastier trio of southpaws in the same rotation, but even if Crochet is dealt before these two debut, Smith and Schultz look like ideal arms to build around. Beyond them, there’s a quartet of talented arms acquired in recent trades — Ky Bush, Jake Eder, Jairo Iriarte and Nick Nastrini — who should contribute to the 2025 pitching staff, while Seth Keener and Grant Taylor are recent draft picks off to strong starts to their pro careers but a little bit further away."

from the Jake Mintz article i just posted...which also discussed Cannon and Thorpe

"On a positive note, the most intriguing ultra-young bat to know is George Wolkow, a gigantic, 18-year-old outfielder with seismic raw power, though he has serious strikeout issues that will need to be corrected for his production to hold up at higher levels.

All of which is to say: While there are a ton of exciting arms making meaningful strides toward contributing in Chicago in the near future, at the end of the day, you need to score more runs than the other team. As things stand, it’s not readily apparent how soon the White Sox can field a formidable lineup capable of supporting what projects to be a sneaky solid pitching staff in the not-too-distant future.

Among the many tall tasks that await Getz and his new mystery manager, building a competent offense will be one of the toughest."

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

"No one factor turned the White Sox from juggernaut to punch line. The fall-off was brought on by a combination of institutional rigidity, a barren farm system that failed to restock the big-league roster and a wave of underperformance, natural aging and injuries that chipped away at multiple core pieces.

This was not a case of — as so often happens with closing windows — paying or extending the wrong players. The only key contributors on the '21 White Sox who are still above-average every-day big leaguers are Dylan Cease, Carlos Rodón and Luis Robert Jr.

Everybody else either:

Experienced a dramatic, age-based decline in performance (Lance Lynn, Yasmani Grandal, José Abreu)

Didn’t maintain their level of play (Tim Anderson, Lucas Giolito)

Endured career-altering injuries that limited their ability or availability (Yoán Moncada, Eloy Jiménez, Robert, even though he still bangs)"

yahoo.com/sports

Left unmentioned is the Liam Hendriks cancer diagnosis and follow-up injury likely caused by rushing him for one feel good season the year.

1 hour ago, bobbydanks said:

Anyone remember when he said he'd give up every Bulls' trophy for another White Sox championship as if that was going to endear himself to either fanbase which is largely the same? 

Yeah, probably cuz Jordan won his sorry ass all of those titles and a Sox championship was much more unlikely and tougher to achieve than finding a needle in a haystack.

He put together a group of investors and bought a business. He increased share holder value at a tremendous rate. In America that's the only yardstick that matters. 

We're just consumer pawns. Hell, they made money with cardboard cutouts of fans. 

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

He put together a group of investors and bought a business. He increased share holder value at a tremendous rate. In America that's the only yardstick that matters. 

We're just consumer pawns. Hell, they made money with cardboard cutouts of fans. 

What's sad is that they would probably make more money with a cardboard cutout of an owner than with JR at the helm. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoeC said:

What's sad is that they would probably make more money with a cardboard cutout of an owner than with JR at the helm. 

I think they would win more games. 

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

I think they would win more games. 

I mean, you could probably replace a lot of the decision makers with ChatGPT or a Twitter poll and get better results.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JoeC said:

I mean, you could probably replace a lot of the decision makers with ChatGPT or a Twitter poll and get better results.

Oh yeah. Reinsdorf is a proven bad decision-maker. You go from proven bad, to… you’re telling me there’s a chance.

• Paper Bag 1

22 minutes ago, JoeC said:

That's the new baseline. The best organizations will improve upon that.