8/21- Sox at Giants, 2:45

From DVS's post game story in the Sun-Times:

A bullpen owning a 6.15 ERA with a 2-15 record over the last 41 games shined Wednesday in relief of Garrett Crochet. 🤡

Did the baseball gods look down on this game and get the teams and uniforms mixed up. How is this possible??

The bullpen throws five shutout innings AND/ ALSO the Sox score four runs in the nine inning. IN THE SAME GAME??? 

That's what's been happening to the Sox all year!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Sees short game thread. Knows Sox won instantly. Not a single mention of Crochet.

It was at 1 PM game on a Wednesday, which is a day people with hybrid schedules often go into work.

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

It was at 1 PM game on a Wednesday, which is a day people with hybrid schedules often go into work.

I know it was an odd time for a game mid week but you can't deny that winning game threads are shorter than losing ones most of the time.

Praise doesn't come easy to people especially when it's so much easier to just go with the flow.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I know it was an odd time for a game mid week but you can't deny that winning game threads are shorter than losing ones most of the time.

Praise doesn't come easy to people especially when it's so much easier to just go with the flow.

I can agree with this. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'd also add that on all message boards I've seen, for all sports, people use game threads primarily to vent. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Praise doesn't come easy when a team is going to lose well over 100 games.  When it is two consecutive 100 loss seasons doesn't help either, especially when it has never happened in team history. Don't worry. Another losing streak is on the way.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Highland said:

Praise doesn't come easy when a team is going to lose well over 100 games.  When it is two consecutive 100 loss seasons doesn't help either, especially when it has never happened in team history. Don't worry. Another losing streak is on the way.

Nawww, c’mon, that’s crazy talk!  You don’t want to praise this team for winning their 31st game in late August?

Like, stop just going with the flow, man…

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952987frb4qny230q8ggt

Edited by WhiteSox2023

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Praise doesn't come easy when the team is going to end the season as the worst team in the history of modern baseball. You have to be shitting me with posts like this, given the state of this franchise and how this season has gone. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lee and Sosa the heroes. Are they good? They've had moments. Arguably if you throw out automatic winner Crochet, Lee might be Sox individual player of the year. Maybe DeJong for all those homers. But Lee has earned himself some money this year. He should be an able backup catcher for many years if he can stay healthy.

On another topic, what are the odds Jose signs a one-day contract with the Sox and has a retirement ceremony the last week of the season? I guess they might not want to embarrass him with a small crowd so maybe do it on Opening Day next April? That's if proud Jose has decided to retire. He also could go play overseas I would think.

7 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Sees short game thread. Knows Sox won instantly. Not a single mention of Crochet.

I didn’t even know they played until the game was over.

15 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Day games are normally extremely short game threads.  And this year?  Lmao they are all short 

11 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Praise doesn't come easy when the team is going to end the season as the worst team in the history of modern baseball. You have to be shitting me with posts like this, given the state of this franchise and how this season has gone. Lol

Must have hit a nerve. If you love something and I assume we all love the Sox since we all continue to post here we should know we have no influence over what happens to the team.

I focus on the bad many times. I just focus it where I think it belongs which is JR.

But I can also, since I love the Sox, see some good things and am only reminding people that it's not ALL bad .

There are reasons why most of you don't post in the Future Sox section of this board. They discourage the toxicity of Pale Hose talk there . They purposefully try to keep people letting the prospect route take it's course through it's ups and downs without scathing criticism.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Must have hit a nerve. If you love something and I assume we all love the Sox since we all continue to post here we should know we have no influence over what happens to the team.

I focus on the bad many times. I just focus it where I think it belongs which is JR.

But I can also, since I love the Sox, see some good things and am only reminding people that it's not ALL bad .

There are reasons why most of you don't post in the Future Sox section of this board. They discourage the toxicity of Pale Hose talk there . They purposefully try to keep people letting the prospect route take it's course through it's ups and downs without scathing criticism.

I just find your constant criticism of the posters here who are, QUITE UNDERSTANDABLY, pissed off and fed up with this organization, to be absolutely fucking absurd. This is the worst team in a century, and you expect people to ...what? Celebrate when they win one out of every 4-5 games? Come off of it already. 

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1