1 year anniversary of KW/RH firing

I’m positive that my elation of that moment was quickly extinguished when it became apparent what was happening next.  Pretty sure boob let us know Getz was coming to rescue Harold and torment the rest of us 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 1

Was a great day. I was at the game and found out about the news after I grabbed a beer and met up with some co-workers on the concourse shortly after walking into the stadium. It was one of those Tuesday value games with $5 concessions and beers and I celebrated lol the excitement was very short lived.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

Ironically this also happened on August 22nd and could have drastically changed White Sox history:

August 22, 1980 - Sox owner Bill Veeck agreed to sell the team to Edward DeBartolo Sr., a multi-millionaire who invented the modern-day shopping mall in Ohio.

DeBartolo though was voted down by the other league owners due to speculation about his possible association with mobsters and his acknowledged horse racing interests. The way was then opened for Jerry Reinsdorf and Eddie Einhorn to purchase the team. Einhorn was part of a group originally trying to buy the San Diego Padres and Reinsdorf was part of a group attempting to own the New York Mets. DeBartolo meanwhile eventually bought the San Francisco 49’ers, let his son run the franchise and promptly won multiple Super Bowls.

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Sox record on 8/22/23 49-76

Sox record on 8/22/24 31-97

Well done Jerry, you replaced a bad GM with an even worse and managed to sink your team 20 games deeper in the hole...

• Paper Bag 1

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Well done Jerry, you replaced a bad GM with an even worse and managed to sink your team 20 games deeper in the hole...

But Chris is probably cheaper than Hahn so JR will be happy.

38 minutes ago, Chimpton said:

But Chris is probably cheaper than Hahn so JR will be happy.

Getz is filling the role of Hahn and Williams, so JR is REALLY happy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 1

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Nah, it was a shitty day because they solved nothing and in fact double, tripled down on in house bullshit hires. f*** this entire franchise. Fire Getz.

For a brief, glimmering moment we experienced joy... until the sudden realization that the outcome was predetermined and nothing had changed.

• Paper Bag 1

48 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

For a brief, glimmering moment we experienced joy... until the sudden realization that the outcome was predetermined and nothing had changed.

Until we realized not only had nothing changed, but somehow JR replaced a couple poor GMs for an even worse one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Falstaff said:

Jerry is 88, overweight and smokes cigars.

I will outlive him out of spite.

I wish you (and by default, all of us) good health and good luck in your endeavor!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/22/2024 at 7:58 AM, Harold's Leg Lift said:

That was a great day.

No it wasn't.  It was needed but did nothing to improve the organization and actually, remarkably enough made it worse.   Getz is as bad at his job as Pedro was, if not worse. 

Outside of Bannister any average fantasy baseball player could have made the moves he made. Not sure it's possible he could redo his work any more poorly than he already has. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

No it wasn't.  It was needed but did nothing to improve the organization and actually, remarkably enough made it worse.   Getz is as bad at his job as Pedro was, if not worse. 

Outside of Bannister any average fantasy baseball player could have made the moves he made. Not sure it's possible he could redo his work any more poorly than he already has. 

I doubt that is possible.