1 year anniversary of KW/RH firing

Something should have been done long, long ago. In 2011, when Ozzie was talking about fans urinating on statues, and the team was underperforming, a real housecleaning should have been done. Both KW and Ozzie should have been fired in mid-season. Instead, the FO fell asleep at the switch, and two years later the Sox barely avoided losing 100 games. Since 2008, the Sox have won a grand total of two post season games. And the power structure really hasn't changed.

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

54 minutes ago, Highland said:

Something should have been done long, long ago. In 2011, when Ozzie was talking about fans urinating on statues, and the team was underperforming, a real housecleaning should have been done. Both KW and Ozzie should have been fired in mid-season. Instead, the FO fell asleep at the switch, and two years later the Sox barely avoided losing 100 games. Since 2008, the Sox have won a grand total of two post season games. And the power structure really hasn't changed.

It's actually three post seasons wins, one each in 2008, 2020 and 2021, still shameful. 

Can I revise my grade I gave Getz for picking up Vargus?  I am hoping something clicks with this guy and he performs like the highly rated prospect he once was. 

Larry Himes at 83 years old could make better decisions than Getz.  

• Haha 1

"(Kenny) Williams also stressed the good things that are going on in the Venezuela operations (except for you know, Guillen leaving) even if he doesn't name the two top prospects that he referred to as "The Franchise -- Sanchez -- and a left-handed pitcher in the Instructional League."

He can't brag about the team's status in the talent-rich Dominican Republic. Williams seemed to suggest it's getting tougher to scout there, which is odd.

"If you look at our reports, across the industry, there's not as many Type I, Type II Dominican players coming out," Williams said. "It's getting harder [and] harder, for whatever reason."

The Rangers signed Dominican outfielder Nomar Mazara to a record $5 million deal this season. Bonuses are high across baseball for Dominican players. Under the Ricketts family, the Cubs are banking on upgrades to their Dominican operations, which has produced Carlos Marmol and Starlin Castro.

No one really brings up the Sox's continued failures in the Dominican, but when the White Sox develop a homegrown Latin American star again, let me know."

https://www.espn.co.uk/mlb/story/_/id/7029285/now-ozzie-guillen-gone-pressure-chicago-white-sox-gm-kenny-williams

This was written a scant thirteen seasons ago.

Please tell me he's not referring to Carlos/Yolmer Sanchez as The Franchise!!!  Nestor Molina was bad enough.

Edited by caulfield12