Gunshot Victim Lawsuit

Texsox

https://abc7chicago.com/post/chicago-shooting-woman-injured-gunfire-during-chicago-white-sox-game-guaranteed-rate-field-2023-files-lawsuit/15219761/

If her friend shot her they must be very confident that it can't be proven. Nice dollar amount $50,000 to go away? Jerry is going to write the check. 

Will this become the third most embarrassing stadium moment? 

35 minutes ago, wegner said:

Discovery would be fun but pretty sure it won't get there.

I'm a little shocked it got this far. It was out of most people's minds. Getting shot at aa sporting event should be a big deal. I am shocked JR just didn't cough up the $50k to keep it out of the news.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I'm a little shocked it got this far. It was out of most people's minds. Getting shot at aa sporting event should be a big deal. I am shocked JR just didn't cough up the $50k to keep it out of the news.

For this to make the most sense to me the victim must believe she was shot from outside the park or that it can't be proved that her friend shot her. Also, JR must believe the shot was from her friend and they wouldn't file the suit or if it was from outside and  they wouldn't be found negligent. 

I know this is serious and it could have been tragic but it seems so surreal I can only think of the magic loogie from Seinfeld. 

I'm still on the fence. I can visualize the shot from outside the stadium based on experience and believe it's possible. I also watched the reactions in that section and it seems possible it was from outside. But the simplest possibility is a smuggled gun. 

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

For this to make the most sense to me the victim must believe she was shot from outside the park or that it can't be proved that her friend shot her. Also, JR must believe the shot was from her friend and they wouldn't file the suit or if it was from outside and  they wouldn't be found negligent. 

I know this is serious and it could have been tragic but it seems so surreal I can only think of the magic loogie from Seinfeld. 

I'm still on the fence. I can visualize the shot from outside the stadium based on experience and believe it's possible. I also watched the reactions in that section and it seems possible it was from outside. But the simplest possibility is a smuggled gun. 

Or she already knows that there is no proof that she ever had a gun in the park during the game because the police helped her cover it up at the direction of her friend, the mayor, and her friend smuggled the gun out of the park for her immediately after the accidental discharge.

This is the story I heard from a friend, who has a buddy in the CPD.  Even before contemplating the ridiculous physics it would take for a bullet to enter the park from outside, Occam's razor tells you the answer.  This woman has been lying her ass off this entire time and is now trying to cash in because she knows there is no evidence against her and that they will settle with her so she goes away for good.  The likely settlement will involve an NDA so she can never discuss the incident again.

Her shadowy interview with ABC7 was an embarrassment.

https://abc7chicago.com/amp/white-sox-shooting-victim-interview-guaranteed-rate-field-chicago-public-schools/13839792/

The article you linked also says that she is “seeking damages in excess of $50,000 dollars.”  My guess is that it is probably quite a bit more than $50 grand.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

Jerry doesn't own or control the building that is the ISFA.  They will pay the $50K and have probably done so already.

Maybe the teacher friends had a falling out. 

Sox provide security. Wrong. 

Ridiculous physics? While I agree with the rest of your post the physics aren't ridiculous. Dropping a shot into the stadium from outside is actually easy, especially with a big of an opening. We try to land them in stock tanks, that's hard. 

6 hours ago, Texsox said:

Ridiculous physics? While I agree with the rest of your post the physics aren't ridiculous. Dropping a shot into the stadium from outside is actually easy, especially with a big of an opening. We try to land them in stock tanks, that's hard. 

I assume you are talking about shooting a .22 LR rifle almost horizontally and hitting your target with the drop due to gravity, in which you take multiple shots to adjust your aim until you get it right.

Have you shot a .25 ACP pocket pistol once or twice almost straight up in the air to land it in a baseball stadium?  Did you calculate the geometry, physics, and wind before you made the one or two shots?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

31 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

And I believe it was two shots that “landed” right next to each other. It didn’t come from outside the park.

Yeah, the real story is that the bullet didn’t actually land anywhere.  The obese Chicago Public School teacher tried to adjust the .25 ACP pocket pistol in her belly rolls and she caused an accidental discharge straight into her leg.

Another reason for the cover-up by the obese woman’s friend, the mayor, is due to her being a Chicago Public School teacher, while actually living in the suburbs.  To be a CPS teacher, you are supposed to actually live in the city.  She would have lost her job as well as her pension.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

17 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

Jerry doesn't own or control the building that is the ISFA.  They will pay the $50K and have probably done so already.

Maybe the teacher friends had a falling out. 

You are correct.  The lawsuit is against the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority, not against Jerry and the Sox.  This is just bad publicity for Jerry and the Sox.  Jerry released a statement that the Sox will not comment on the shooting again.

So yeah, it was a coverup by the mayor, the CPD on his orders, and the mayor’s friend, the obese woman, along with her friend who smuggled the pocket pistol out of the stadium.  Jerry is aware and will obviously keep his mouth shut.  The obese woman who shot herself will get her payout settlement to never discuss the situation again (NDA), which will definitely be more than $50,000.  And everyone is happy, except for the public wanting to know what the hell actually happened, and the actual truth being released.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

10 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I assume you are talking about shooting a .22 LR rifle almost horizontally and hitting your target with the drop due to gravity, in which you take multiple shots to adjust your aim until you get it right.

Have you shot a .25 ACP pocket pistol once or twice almost straight up in the air to land it in a baseball stadium?  Did you calculate the geometry, physics, and wind before you made the one or two shots?

You're not trying to hit a specific target. That would be extremely difficult. Are you thinking the victim was targeted? I'm thinking they are trying to hit a quarter mile opening from half a mile away. 

I have shot thousands of rounds on private ranches at various targets. 

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

You're not trying to hit a specific target. That would be extremely difficult. Are you thinking the victim was targeted? I'm thinking they are trying to hit a quarter mile opening from half a mile away. 

I have shot thousands of rounds on private ranches at various targets. 

So you have never made such a shot with a .25 ACP pocket pistol almost straight up into the air.  Got it…

No, and that’s not what happened at all.  She accidentally shot herself through the leg adjusting the pocket pistol in her fat rolls as she was seated.  The only conspiracy is the cover-up by the CPD under the order of the woman’s friend, the mayor.  The mayor covered up the truth to protect her friend, the “victim”, as it would be bad press for a Chicago Public School teacher to have a gun, albeit legally.  However, she is a CPS teacher living in the suburbs, not in Chicago, which is against the rules.  The “victim’s” friend that was attending the game with her smuggled her pocket pistol out of the park immediately after the accidental discharge.  What can come into the park can easily be carried out of the park, especially when she was allowed to leave without being detained or questioned.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

No, and that’s not what happened at all.  She accidentally shot herself adjusting the pocket pistol in her fat rolls as she was seating.

How do you know that? I thought it was never proven? 

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

What is the cause of action? Because if they are saying it came from outside the park a mile away, how could ISFA be negligent in any way,

She isn’t arguing the source of the bullet, and since its origin hasn’t been proven, she is basically suing that she wasn’t “protected from bodily harm” (e.g., gunfire) while in the stadium.  She knows she has the ISFA by the balls and that she will get her settlement money.  She will sign an NDA as a part of the settlement.  It will be small potatoes for the ISFA.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

My buddy has friends in the CPD and told me the inside story almost immediately after the incident happened.

Too bad they won't go on the record. Why won't they testify and end the law suit?

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

Too bad they won't go on the record. Why won't they testify and end the law suit?

To what end?  Would you want to do that and be the “tattle tale” on the police force for such a stupid incident?  The police have bigger fish to fry, like actual murders, and were laughing about this stupid obese woman and her fat rolls causing an accidental discharge to be honest.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

25 minutes ago, tray said:

On its face, this appears to be a frivolous lawsuit that warrants the sanction of attorney fees.

It’s not frivolous when all involved want the story to go away for good.  The woman knows this and will get paid to be forgotten.

This is how corrupt Chicago still is.  Drain the swamp, please.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

4 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

To what end?  Would you want to do that and be the “tattle tale” on the police force for such a stupid incident?  The police have bigger fish to fry, like actual murders, and were laughing about this stupid obese woman and her fat rolls causing an accidental discharge to be honest.

Excuse my ignorance. I thought cops are paid to enforce the law. They have proof a violent crime was committed and they don't want to be a "tattle tale". And these are CPD? That's really fucked up. 

Wow. 

18 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Excuse my ignorance. I thought cops are paid to enforce the law. They have proof a violent crime was committed and they don't want to be a "tattle tale". And these are CPD? That's really fucked up. 

Wow. 

Sorry, you are definitely right — ethically.  But when it comes up from the chain of command, it’s very easy to see why people follow suit.

I also don’t think an accidental / negligent discharge of a firearm would be considered a violent crime.  Possibly involuntary manslaughter had the discharge killed someone (see Alec Baldwin).

But she is definitely lucky she didn’t accidentally kill anyone.  I think the story is way different then, and would match what you said should have happened.

Edited by WhiteSox2023