8/24 Games

BamaDoc

Charlotte send 9 to the plate in the first, and spot Nastrini a 6-0 lead. He has a quick 1-2-3 inning to get the bats back out there.

Schultz got burned by back to back errors for a pair of unearned runs. 

Smith pitched out of second and third 1 out (two singles, the second an unlucky chopper where a late throw to third let the runner advance) with a pair of Ks.

He's done after 3IP/38P. 4 strikeouts, no walks (but one HBP), 2 singles, every BIP was on the ground.

• Like 1

Nishida tried for an inside the park homerun but got gunned down at home. It was a terrible send by the 3B coach (seems to be a theme in this organization).

He is fun to watch though. I really hope he makes it. 

Nastrini looked fantastic. Was throwing a ton of sliders that had some of the best swing and miss stuff I've ever seen from him. If he can get his fastball over and throw the slider he had tonight he's a legit big league starter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another solid outing for Nastrini after his last start got cut short by the ump: 5IP, 1ER, 4H, 1BB, 6K. 11 whiffs on the slider.

Nishida running himself out of that leadoff triple ended up mattering. Dash sacrifice a position player to get walked off in extras after they couldn't break a 1-1 tie. Must have missed why they ran out of pitching while flipping between games? They only used 3 BP arms yesterday, and 3 today after Smith.

I want to highlight some newer/lesser known guys in Kanny, who won tonight 5-1.

One is 21yo RHSP Ricardo Brizuela, who threw his best start of the season today: 6IP, 1ER, 3H, 1BB, 3K.

If you ignore his very first A ball inning where he got tagged for 6 runs, he's got a 1.86 ERA and 0.93 WHIP in 38.2IP at the level. And even after the terrible first inning, he battled to still give the team 5IP in that first start.

There's also a pair of new bats off to good starts at the level.

IF Sam Antonacci (5th round) was 3-4 with a pair of doubles today, and has quietly overtaken Wolkow with a .828 OPS (.289/.460/.368).  A silly 11 BB to 6 K in 12 games.

And corner IF Alec Makarewicz (UDFA) who has hit in 12 straight and is slashing .295/.377/.410 with 18 hits/12RBI in his 16 games.

Edited by Autumn Dreamin
  • Thanks 1

LOL Tatum just stole home to walk it off for the Barons, 3-2. 

5IP scoreless for the BP following up Schultz. 2IP for Plymell, another 2IP for Pallette who looks like a fast mover now that he's found his role, and 1IP/2K and the W for Zach Franklin. 

And now that the higher level games are wrapped up, I can shout out our other lefty first rounders for having good days on the other side of the ball.

Colson had a 3-4 night with a BB and RBI, and Gonzo was 2-3 with 1 2B, BB, and SB.

Knights offense was hot overall today. They won 10-1.

Ramos 2-4 with a BB, DeLoach 2-5 with a RBI, Elko 1-5 with a 2RBI 2B.

Scoreless BP work from Peralta (2IP), Berroa, and Coffey.

Peralta has a 1.27 ERA/0.81 WHIP for Charlotte. I've liked him since his AFL stint, so I'm glad we got him back.

Edited by Autumn Dreamin
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

5IP scoreless for the BP following up Schultz. 2IP for Plymell, another 2IP for Pallette who looks like a fast mover now that he's found his role, and 1IP/2K and the W for Zach Franklin. 

And now that the higher level games are wrapped up, I can shout out our other lefty first rounders for having good days on the other side of the ball.

Colson had a 3-4 night with a BB and RBI, and Gonzo was 2-3 with 1 2B, BB, and SB.

Peralta has a 1.27 ERA/0.81 WHIP for Charlotte. I've liked him since his AFL stint, so I'm glad we got him back.

Colson 3-4 is great. Need to keep seeing contact improve. 

19 hours ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

I will be honest,  I probably try running Pallette out as a starter again for the start of 25 and see if something took.  You can always return him to the pen if he bombs again 

• Like 3