Getz’s Hilarious Hypocrisy

Must now hire only from outside the organization!!!

But guess who is the failure from inside the organization that is making this decision?  🤣

The irony is delicious.  You can’t make this stuff up, folks…

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

I saw the interview and this guy is in over his head, I heard what he said and none of it made sense, just a bunch of word salad.
I guess the most important thing he has said in the last year was to Reinsdorf who fell for his garbage and hired this clown which also leads me to believe that JR is losing it mentally. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

Lol 

After all of his years of ownership I think JR really understands Sox fans. Even when they do exactly what fans have been begging for, bringing in people from outside the organization, Sox fans complain. 

The Royals must be wondering who were going to take from them next. 

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

Lol 

After all of his years of ownership I think JR really understands Sox fans. Even when they do exactly what fans have been begging for, bringing in people from outside the organization, Sox fans complain. 

I’d like to think that if JR knew the Sox would be 31-99 after 130 games this year with Gerz as the GM, he might have conducted a real search for a new GM last year. The sad thing is, I’m only about 50/50 with it.

Getzs recent comments seem to negate the entire reason JR blew off trying last year.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Texsox said:

Lol 

You don’t see the irony in how a GM who was promoted undeservingly from within now has the initiative to only hire from outside the org because internal hires must apparently not be the greatest choice?

Your point would make sense if it wasn’t Getz running the show and being in charge of this new initiative.  But alas, the top dog is still just another Jerry minion.

But then you made a joke about grabbing more Royals employees, so you seemingly are aware that the Sox are picking the wrong people?

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I heard Getz say there's not going to be any short cuts  to this situation. Which tells me they're not going to spend any money this off season on any good free  agents. Looks like a few more real bad years.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You don’t see the irony in how a GM who was promoted undeservingly from within now has the initiative to only hire from outside the org because internal hires must apparently not be the greatest choice?

Your point would make sense if it wasn’t Getz running the show and being in charge of this new initiative.  But alas, the top dog is still just another Jerry minion.

But then you made a joke about grabbing more Royals employees, so you seemingly are aware that the Sox are picking the wrong people?

Wouldn’t your point make more sense if Getz was the one who hired himself? JR is the idiot who hired Getz in the first place, and now Getz is at least trying to do things correctly by hiring from the outside. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Paper Bag 1

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

Lol 

He hasn’t done one thing I have felt was his job to do.  He isn’t doing anything including the rebuild voluntarily or because he wants better for the team, it’s the cheapest option

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I heard Getz say there's not going to be any short cuts  to this situation. Which tells me they're not going to spend any money this off season on any good free  agents. Looks like a few more real bad years.

How many different threads are you gonna have the lightbulb come on and say “I don’t think they are gonna spend any money next year”

this has to be like 15

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I’d like to think that if JR knew the Sox would be 31-99 after 130 games this year with Gerz as the GM, he might have conducted a real search for a new GM last year. The sad thing is, I’m only about 50/50 with it.

Getzs recent comments seem to negate the entire reason JR blew off trying last year.

I'm exactly with you. I do think JR wants to win, but by his rules. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

He hasn’t done one thing I have felt was his job to do.  He isn’t doing anything including the rebuild voluntarily or because he wants better for the team, it’s the cheapest option

I think the only job the ownership should do is hire a president of baseball operations, tell them the budget, and get out of their way. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I totally see the irony. I also see them doing at least part of what fans have been asking for, hiring from outside. Now if we could actually hire from winning franchise that would be great. 

I said Sox fans will complain. 

I'm a Sox fan.

I complained about how they hire from the outside. 

Doesn't that make sense? It seems consistent. 

13 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I think the only job the ownership should do is hire a president of baseball operations, tell them the budget, and get out of their way. 

Yea I know 

I’m glad that there are more outside hires coming. It’s a huge positive. Chris Getz didn’t hire himself. I’d personally prefer to be optimistic about this plan instead of just bitching and moaning over things I can’t control every day. Maybe that’s just me though. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I'm exactly with you. I do think JR wants to win, but by his rules. 

Anyone can say they want to win, but only the ones that bleed for winning truly want to win. That isn’t wanting to win. Not really. That’s just a small step higher than, “Doesn’t care at all”. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I’m glad that there are more outside hires coming. It’s a huge positive. Chris Getz didn’t hire himself. I’d personally prefer to be optimistic about this plan instead of just bitching and moaning over things I can’t control every day. Maybe that’s just me though. 

We can’t control anything , yet as fans I believe we have a lot to b**** about. The White Sox should actually be glad there is moaning and groaning. It shows some. A couple more years of this crap, and maybe that won’t be the case anymore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I would much rather Getz know how to hire and develop good talent from within. And that goes for prospects too. I don’t even understand the point. If they don’t know talent, none of this matters.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

We can’t control anything , yet as fans I believe we have a lot to b**** about. The White Sox should actually be glad there is moaning and groaning. It shows some. A couple more years of this crap, and maybe that won’t be the case anymore.

If you’re not moaning and groaning, pessimistic and jaded, there is something seriously wrong with you.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Reinsdorf is lazy. That doesn’t really have any bearing on what happens now though. It is what it is. 

1 hour ago, SoxBlanco said:

Wouldn’t your point make more sense if Getz was the one who hired himself? JR is the idiot who hired Getz in the first place, and now Getz is at least trying to do things correctly by hiring from the outside. 

Agreed 

9 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Glad they’re looking outside, but wish it wasn’t Getz making the adds. Prove us wrong.

Right but there’s nothing we can do about it. Hopefully he hires other guys like Brian Bannister 

2 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

I would much rather Getz know how to hire and develop good talent from within. And that goes for prospects too. I don’t even understand the point. If they don’t know talent, none of this matters.

For sure. It’s a tiny sample though. We have no idea yet. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Reinsdorf is lazy. That doesn’t really have any bearing on what happens now though. It is what it is. 

Agreed 

Right but there’s nothing we can do about it. Hopefully he hires other guys like Brian Bannister 

For sure. It’s a tiny sample though. We have no idea yet. 

As you once told me when I was calling for Hahn’s head, what difference does it make, they will just hire Getz. And you were right about that more ways than one. I don’t think any of this makes much of a difference, at least with building a good team. A correct hire at manager and whatever other positions they decide to change may keep them from setting more records for futility, but will never make them what we want them to be. For that to happen, JR would need to realize he isn’t a baseball genius, and needs something other than a yes man to make his team decent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

It’s ironic, not hypocritical. 

I don’t know if it’s correct at all. It seems rather an indictment of the organization itself. And how much success is bound to happen in that case by having some kind of rigid, at same time arbitrary approach? Getz is flailing here.