Getz’s Hilarious Hypocrisy

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The point is the guy making the outside hire should have been an outside hire. We are still in the land of JR. 

Well yeah. I assumed we were all well aware of that at this point.

I just don’t get what that has to do with Getz, who is the current GM whether we like it or not, saying that he’s looking to make outside hires. Would it have been better if he said he’s planning to hire from within the org?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Snopek said:

I just don’t get what that has to do with Getz, who is the current GM whether we like it or not, saying that he’s looking to make outside hires. Would it have been better if he said he’s planning to hire from within the org?

Obviously I don’t blame him for taking the job that was offered to him, but if he really thought or thinks for the organization to get better, they needed to exclusively hire from the outside, wouldn’t that go for his position, perhaps the most important, as well.?

10 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Obviously I don’t blame him for taking the job that was offered to him, but if he really thought or thinks for the organization to get better, they needed to exclusively hire from the outside, wouldn’t that go for his position, perhaps the most important, as well.?

That's not how human nature works for the most part, though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Absolutely. I didn’t like the Getz hire when it happened and I don’t like it now. But it did happen and so here we are.

And until a certain number of fan posts can actually result in his firing, I guess I’m just at the point where I’m only really interested if there are new things to be angry about.

Getz being the GM? Makes me angry, but old news.

Getz saying he’s planning to hire from outside the org? Good, better than promoting from within.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Snopek said:

Absolutely. I didn’t like the Getz hire when it happened and I don’t like it now. But it did happen and so here we are.

And until a certain number of fan posts can actually result in his firing, I guess I’m just at the point where I’m only really interested if there are new things to be angry about.

Getz saying he’s planning to hire from outside the org? Good, better than promoting from within.

You don't like reading the same post over and over again about a Twins infielder or a Diamondbacks outfielder? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Snopek said:

I would rather he do things holistically, and say he’s hiring the best people anywhere. If he cannot find good talent from within, then what are we doing here? It’s hopeless. Granted, maybe the best talent isn’t from within. But that means Getz doesn’t know how to hire at any level. He’s gonna bring in outsiders, great. Why does he need to? He just told you the people he assembled are garbage.

7 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Is it ironic that it’s taken him a year to realize he needs to fire several people and needs to hire from the outside? Weren’t we sold that not waiting a year was one of the reasons, if not the reason JR actually didn’t look for the beat person available?

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Is it ironic that it’s taken him a year to realize he needs to fire several people and needs to hire from the outside? Weren’t we sold that not waiting a year was one of the reasons, if not the reason JR actually didn’t look for the beat person available?

You can only be sold something if you actually bought it. We all know the real reason JR didn’t do an actual GM search is because it would have required putting in work and talking to new people.

And I think it’s far more likely that it took Getz that long to convince JR that folks needed to be fired rather than it took him that long to realize they needed to be fired.

I can’t believe y’all actually got me defending Getz on here who, once again, I think should NOT be the GM.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Boopa1219 said:

What’s the point of this? People here have been clamoring for the Sox to make outside hires for years, and now the team has a GM who’s committed to doing that. 

My understanding is the point is that Getz shouldn’t be the GM. When you click on this thread you’re basically redirected to the Fire Getz thread.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

It’s ironic, not hypocritical. 

I don’t know if it’s correct at all. It seems rather an indictment of the organization itself. And how much success is bound to happen in that case by having some kind of rigid, at same time arbitrary approach? Getz is flailing here.

Correct. Getz wanting to hire outside the organization doesn't make him a hypocrite. As others have said, he didn't hire himself. 

While basically no one believes he deserves the role he is in, I'd rather him take the approach he's taking than trying to convince AJ to manage the team, or Willie Harris being on the top of their candidate list simply because he played for the White Sox. This organization is in dire need of new voices.  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Boopa1219 said:

What’s the point of this? People here have been clamoring for the Sox to make outside hires for years, and now the team has a GM who’s committed to doing that. 

The problem for me, and I will stop saying this, are the implications. We wanted outside hires because the organization itself is so rotten. So, I lament that nothing has changed apparently. And Chris sadly acknowledges the state of the organization. I don’t mind hiring outsiders. You probably have to if you’re being thorough. Chances are the best talent is outside the organization just by the sheer odds. But Getz threw the organization and its people under the bus. Which it probably deserves to be. And this is his bus. That’s the problem. This is his bus. One day, this team will have arrived when it does not say we need outside people.

Edited by Chick Mercedes

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Right but there’s nothing we can do about it. Hopefully he hires other guys like Brian Bannister 

I know, I’m not complaining or saying it’s hypocritical. I’m numb to this organization and want to be proven wrong that the right hires will happen.

Color me skeptical I guess.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PaleAleSox said:

You don't like reading the same post over and over again about a Twins infielder or a Diamondbacks outfielder? 

I guess it’s easier to just stick your head in the sand, ignore it, and pretend that Getz isn’t doing a bad job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaleAleSox said:

7 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I guess it’s easier to just stick your head in the sand, ignore it, and pretend that Getz isn’t doing a bad job.

If only there were a huge swath of middle ground where one could rationally exist.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I know he is doing a bad job. It's obvious to everyone things are not great. I don't need to get told in every single post about how he should have traded for these two specific guys.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Snopek said:

You can only be sold something if you actually bought it. We all know the real reason JR didn’t do an actual GM search is because it would have required putting in work and talking to new people.

And I think it’s far more likely that it took Getz that long to convince JR that folks needed to be fired rather than it took him that long to realize they needed to be fired.

I can’t believe y’all actually got me defending Getz on here who, once again, I think should NOT be the GM.

That's how I became a "Chris Getz burner account". Every move must confirm that Getz is "in over his head". It's not hypocritical or even ironic that a guy hired for a job understands he has to get new ideas from outside the organization. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

I know he is doing a bad job. It's obvious to everyone things are not great. I don't need to get told in every single post about how he should have traded for these two specific guys.

Then I retract my statement and approve of this post!

11 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Nice try. Until you start making those same posts, I have no choice but to assume you want a Getz extension.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I don't think there are that many folks here that are under the illusion that Getz is killing it. But we just don't feel the need to rapid fire post about how s%*# everything is at every waking hour. Those posts are just exhausting and hardly add any value to the message board. It doesn't drive me to want to read or even engage.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I don't think there are that many folks here that are under the illusion that Getz is killing it. But we just don't feel the need to rapid fire post about how s%*# everything is at every waking hour. Those posts are just exhausting and hardly add any value to the message board. It doesn't drive me to want to read or even engage.

To be fair, there were positive posts about how Getz nailed the Fedde signing and moving Crochet from the bullpen to the rotation.  But then the trade deadline came around, and well, yeah…  we all saw what happened there.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

That's how I became a "Chris Getz burner account". Every move must confirm that Getz is "in over his head". It's not hypocritical or even ironic that a guy hired for a job understands he has to get new ideas from outside the organization. 

31-99 confirms he is in over his head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Must now hire only from outside the organization!!!

But guess who is the failure from inside the organization that is making this decision?  🤣

The irony is delicious.  You can’t make this stuff up, folks…

This presumes that Getz is actually the decision maker and not merely a public facing middle manager following orders from above.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1